Airswift has been tasked by one of our major oil & gas clients to seek for Ex Inspector to work within their facilities located in China for an initial 1-year contract.
- Adhere to the Group Electrical Safety Guidelines ES49985 TEZ49001
- Responsible for IEC60079-14& 17 installation and inspection compliance of the entire Electrical Installation under the guidance of the Ex-Superintendent or Package Manager during Construction and Commissioning phase of the project or package.
- Responsible for inspection and verification of the Ex-register and Ex Certificates against Project BN/BM documentation.
- Provide Ex installation surveillance during installation of Ex certified equipment ensuring Ex equipment is installed “Right First Time”.
- Follow the Project Ex integrity Assurance plan verifying compliance with IEC60079
- Check and verify Electrical Construction Ex Inspection and Test Records (EITRs) are completed correctly and any faults are recorded and fixed as per the IEC60079 requirement.
- Liaise with the Group Electrical Safety Manager for Electrical Safety concerns / queries / issues.
- Assist the Ex-Superintendent / Package Manager with building of the Ex Register and installed Ex equipment
- Provide surveillance training and guidance to Ex Installation personnel to ensure that IEC60079 is not compromised.
- Provide support to the Ex-Superintendent / Package Manager ensuring that the Project Ex Integrity Assurance plan is followed.
- Responsible for the inspection and verification of the Installation and final Ex inspection following commissioning of Electrical systems ensuring compliance with IEC60079
- Completion of EITR’s
- Liaise with the completions group and participate in final completion check out and approval of inspection and Test Records (ITRs).
- Where “Right First Time” installation is not achieved, record reasons for non-compliance on EITR028A and B. EITRs cannot be closed until punch list is completed.
- Assist in preparation of EITR028Ex punch list and assist in verification of items completed.
- This position is open for local nationality only.
- Electrical Technician having completed Electrical Apprenticeship to at least ONC / HNC, or NVQ Level 3 or recognised equivalent in Electrical Installation & Maintenance Engineering. Has Completed CompEx training and is qualified for at least 3 years and can demonstrate previous Ex
- Inspection Experience. Excellent written and spoken English. Other relevant languages are also desirable.
- 3 years proven Ex supervisory experience
- Excellent practical knowledge of Permit to Work, Electrical Isolation procedures and Risk Assessment.
- Mandatory CompEx Hazardous Areas IEC60079-14 & 17 training must be completed and valid certificate (Ex01-Ex04)
- Previous FPSO Experience is desired but not essential.
- Having a good level of English proficiency.
- The position is open for local applicants only
- We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.