Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Oil & Gas - Midstream
Supply Chain / Purchasing
June 29, 2023
Airswift is working with one of our major clients to find an Expeditor to join their team on a 1-year contract in Edmonton.
High Level Description
• To support the Supply Chain function by expediting and tracking all aspects/deliverables, for items as assigned (items can be included in but not limited to equipment/material required for completion of Purchase Orders, Contracts, or Projects).
• Proactively expedite assigned item(s), by managing and utilizing stakeholder meetings, systems, templates, processes and either aiding in mitigation of or identifying potential risks.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with all stakeholders including, but not limited to, vendors and key client groups such as; engineering, project team members, project contractors, quality and other SCM team members (e.g. Logistics).
• Aid in the Coaching and mentoring of new hires, project team personnel and new vendors the current Expediting process
• Manage assigned equipment/material to ensure on-time readiness and delivery to site in line with the project and construction schedule.
• Manage all vendor equipment/material documentation between the vendor, Engineering (or Engineering Consultant) and internal Project teams to ensure prompt review & approval periods. Must ensure that all required documentation is received complete (including approvals if applicable) Examples of documentation required can include the following; drawings, RFI’s, Inspection Test Plans (ITP), Weld Procedure Specifications (WPS), and Final Vendor Data Requirements (VDR).
• Regular review of vendor fabrication schedules, Inspection and Test Plans (if applicable), Inspection Reports and other pertinent vendor and PO data to mitigate any delays
• Notify key stakeholders of potential or actual delays while working with supplier to resolve issues as required
• Administrate, schedule, chair, minute and manage vendor supply meetings and attend project meetings as required
• Report to stakeholders on equipment/material status, progress, receiving status as required using the required reporting formats.
• Assist in the review and verification of invoices for accuracy as required
• Work with vendors and stakeholders to resolve freight claims, investigate quantity shortages/overages, shipment errors, tagging issues etc.
• Communicate potential commercial and technical issues to the Project team members and stakeholders.
• Assist with logistics for delivery of equipment/material to site and coordinate with construction at site to ensure readiness and proper equipment is available for off-loading shipment as required
• Coordinate activities and communicate regularly with key stakeholders.
• Follow standard processes to ensure that the expediting tasks and duties for assigned equipment/material is centralized as per the direction of the team lead & or Manager.
• Keep updated electronic records per requirements for timely completion of PO/Contract closeouts by creating, organizing and maintaining expediting files
• Consult/Report with Team Lead and/or Manager regularly on Project, PO or Contract on goings.
• Other duties as assigned
• This position is responsible for providing frequent, timely and results-oriented project equipment/material expediting.
• Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, positively influencing project, manage project milestones within scope, ensuring document submittal schedules and focus on completion of Purchase Order/Contract close out requirements.
• Requires the ability to communicate all issues and concerns precisely, clearly and unambiguously with all stakeholders.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Minimum 3-4 years of applied experience in a high pace environment
• Good working knowledge and experience of expediting best practices and an understanding of logistics, purchasing and project document requirements.
• Equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
• Ability to work on diverse projects and processes with conflicting deadlines.
• Customer service/Problem Solving/Organizational skills an asset.
• Working Knowledge of Engineering and Vendor Documentation is required.
• Strong and effective communication skills and attention to detail are a necessity
• Knowledge of MS Windows/Outlook and Office Suite.
• Knowledge of SharePoint, Oracle and SAP an asset.
• Post-secondary education in a related field (e.g. Project Management, Purchasing / Supply Chain Management, B-Com, Finance, Business Admin.)
• Office environment with occasional travel to suppliers and other operation locations as required