Fabrication Supervisor – Albany, NY
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process, and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure, and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Our client is seeking a Fabrication Supervisor to work within their facilities located in Albany, NY for an initial 1-year assignment.
- Represent the company during the design, fabrication, and commissioning of the electrical systems on the offshore foundations components, including but not limited to LV systems, MV/HV systems, Earthing system, Array Cables, Measurements and SCADA/Radio systems. Guide and inspect all onshore sub-contractors, to ensure successful fabrication and assembly of the offshore foundation’s components on time and within the required Quality standards and HSE regulations.
- Ensures that free-issued equipment and components are stored, handled, and maintained in accordance with the project and vendor requirements.
- Manage commissioning/testing of the offshore foundation’s components.
- Advice and support to the Foundation Fabrication Manager and Commissioning Manager.
- Ensure that contractors/sub-contractors work, are in line with agreed design and to required spec/quality.
- Keep and maintain a safe work environment within the team and the contractors/sub-contractors on site according to HSE guidelines and local procedures.
- Support of all relevant interfaces between Contractors, Sub-Contractors, Contractors QA/QC Representatives, Designated Authorities.
- The Electrical Supervisor will report to the Electrical Engineer, WTG- and Foundation Fabrication Manager and Offshore Commissioning Manager.
- Stay informed of the HSE system and the procedures relevant to the function as well as to work in accordance with the requirements defined therein.
- Obliged to react on observed nonconformities to the written procedures and to contribute to the improvement of the system.
- Stay informed of the QA system and the procedures relevant to the function as well as to work according to requirements defined therein.
- Technical education relevant for the subject matter or bachelor’s in electrical engineering
- All relevant safety trainings needed to perform the job.
- Min. 10 years of site experience on fabrication yards, pre-assembly, or construction sites
- Min. 5 year of experience from similar position