Malaga , New Mexico, United States
Oil & Gas - Onshore Oil
Engineering & Design
August 18, 2023
Our client, a Major Oil and Gas company, is looking for a Facilities Engineer to work on a 1-year assignment (possibility of extension) in Carlsbad, NM.
Evaluate and comment on discipline engineering work performed both internally and by Contractors and sub-contractors to ensure that work is being executed in accordance with Company specifications, company standards, and regulatory requirements. Facilitates effective execution of discipline engineering and design routines that align with the team’s goals, objectives, and procedures. Assures accurate and timely communication among the team and other company Functions on discipline engineering activities, progress, and issues. In addition to technical ability, they should demonstrate sound communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Be an Area engineer for operations for a specific plant area.
• Work in a team with other Facilities engineers, Site Contact & Lead Engineers to support assigned operations area and gain knowledge/exposure to other areas of plant.
• Conduct Monthly Facilities Surveillance of area driven KPI’s.
• Provide operations support for changes, repairs & alterations of all plant pressure equipment (including piping, static equipment, rotating equipment, tanks etc.).
• Provide shutdown engineering support.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Civil, or Electrical Mechanical Engineering or related engineering specialty, or equivalent professional experience
• Strong knowledge of discipline design standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria
• Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
• Read, write, and speak fluent English, especially as it applies to technical and business communications