You will be working with a company whose partners, leaders, and engineers are subject matter experts, when it comes to the ILI industry, its leadership team has 20+ years of technical experience!
Will assist and support the Senior Reliability Technician during maintenance, repair, and improvements to ILI tools. This role tracks the reliability of the ILI tool systems investigating failures to a root cause level. Create, implement, and track corrective and preventative actions to improve the quality of the ILI tool and supporting systems. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication, organization, and analytical skills in both the mechanical and electronic disciplines allowing him or her to continually increase the success rate. This full-time position reports to the Repair and Maintenance Supervisor and the home base is in Houston, TX.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Ensure safety is put first in the execution of all tasks and processes
- Build, maintain and repair ILI tools including electronic and mechanical components with direction from the Senior Reliability Technician
- Support in troubleshooting ILI tool systems identifying misses and root causes
- Implement corrective actions and when possible, identify preventative actions to further improve the reliability of the ILI tool by Senior Reliability Technician assistance
- Assist Senior Reliability Technician in tracking all fixed ILI tool asset locations, maintenance, and usability
- Implement and track ILI tool improvements throughout the fleet by Senior Reliability Technician assistance
- Support the Senior Reliability Technician to create and maintain a quality management system improving the success rate through continuous improvement, tracking successes and misses, root cause analysis, preventive, and corrective action implementation
- Ability to travel, be flexible on travel and adapting with possible different schedules.
- Possesses the knowledge to explain electronic circuit functionality, failure points, and corrective actions
- Ability to read electronic schematics and mechanical drawings
- Capable of building and repairing electronic components including printed circuit boards, wiring harnesses, surface and through-hole soldering
- Skilled in troubleshooting electronic failures down to a component level using schematics and test points
- Accomplished in building, repairing, and maintaining mechanical assemblies using drawings, procedures, and verbal direction
- Successful in tracking quality performance identifying trends, corrective and preventive actions, and continuous improvement opportunities
- Top of the line training offered by company
- Opportunity to move into a Supervisor/Superintendent role within 1-2 years
- Best Insurance benefits offered
Should you be interested in this exciting opportunity with a global oil and gas company please apply to this advert with your up-to-date resume.