Position: FIFO HSE Advisor – Security
Location: Chinchilla, QLD
Duration: 12 months
Roster: 14/14 rotation & 10 hours per day
About the position:
- Security Advisor is accountable to the project manager and will report to the Upstream Security
- and Emergency Response Lead.
- The primary purpose of the role is to ensure the security and safety of staff working on the project.
- You will have experience in and demonstrate a high skill level in security risk management, emergency management and creation of high-quality risk assessments, security plans and reports. You will need a strong commitment to security risk and knowledge of all hazards and threats to security and safety.
- As a Security Advisor, you are expected to represent security discipline to the highest standards whilst partnering with the business, identifying risks and delivering timely and fit-for-purpose solutions. You will role model a deep commitment to our values, code of conduct, safety and visibly demonstrate a simplification and delivery mindset, balancing immediate activities with longer-term direction setting
- Creation, development and actioning of security risk assessments, security plans and security reports
- Security and safety briefing to your team, internal stakeholders and project management
- Ensuring the day-to-day security and safety of the project teams whilst on task
- Participation in weekly look ahead meetings for survey activity to establish go/no go decisions and key security considerations
- Internal and external stakeholder engagement and including 2-way information sharing (QPS, WDRC etc.)
- Engage with Security and Emergency Response lead and security watchkeeper on any security events and response as needed
- Security related information and intelligence gathering
- When not engaged in project tasks work with Security and Emergency Response Lead on upstream security matters
- Proven experience of working within operational teams whilst positively impacting security and safety
- Proven operational experience and knowledge of security and safety risks
- A deep understanding of security risk mitigation and control
- The courage to share views, insights, uncomfortable truths whilst accepting and supporting decisions made
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills to work effectively in/and across multi-functional teams and interface with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Intermediate IT skills
- Driving in a rural setting is required
- Queensland security license (provider or advisor)
- Diploma in Security Risk Management or similar
- ISI (Industry Safety Induction) or industry experienced worker
- Must be able to pass background checks and medical
- Position would suit former military, police, emergency services or law enforcement (although not an essential requirement). Minimum 5 years in security management/advisor roles. Experience in resources/gas and oil industry is preferred.