Our client, a diversified leader in shipping, transport, property, manufacturing, hotels and information technology in Papua New Guinea, is looking for a Finance Manager to join their team in their Port Moresby office.
PURPOSE OF THIS ROLE:
- The role exists to manage the financial reporting of and/or with the relevant division/s and consolidation of TPPM – NSL Project results to the company. Duties include reporting of monthly consolidated flash P&L, monthly accounts, quarterly board reports, and semi-annual and year end audited accounts and production of Annual Report, Financial Planning, and quarterly forecasting by analysing the company’s financial position and plans and proposing corrective actions if bank covenants are threatened.
- Monitoring and Mentorship of the Financial Controller
- Review of business controls and improvements in efficiency and effectiveness of the financial department.
- Financial Appraisals
- In co-ordination with the General Manager Budget development,
- In co-ordination with the General Manager Strategy development, delivery, and gap analysis/reporting
- Build and maintain close relationship with key stakeholders;
- Ensure a common standard of reporting, policies and procedures that meet the company's requirements.
- Coordinate with the division, in the preparation of reports and other materials.
- Keep accurate record-keeping and document control.
- Ensure adherence to all Health and Safety standards and report issues.
- Steamships Head Office - Lead
- Steamships Board - Inform
- Divisional Board - Inform
- Divisional General Managers - Lead & collaborate
- Finance - Lead
- Legal - Collaborate
- Insurance - Inform and collaborate
- Banking institutions - Inform & collaborate
- Insurers - Inform and collaborate
- Local authorities - Collaborate
- Lawyers & arbitrators - Collaborate
- Suppliers - Lead & collaborate
- Clients - Lead & collaborate
DECISION MAKING AUTHROITY:
Stakeholder - Nature and Purpose
Capital Expenditure equal to TBA - Make
Operating Expenditure above TBA - Make
Recruitment of Financial Controllers - Make
Recruitment of Finance Manager - Recommend
Sign off on written documentation of Steamships, make internal announcement - Make
The successful applicant shall have a minimum of:
- Bachelors or master’s degree: preferably with a business, or commercial accounting focus.
- Member of a professional accounting body (CPA CA, CIMA)
- High level of inter-relationships skills
- Minimum of 8 years of work experience.
- Working knowledge of business and data intelligence software.
- Good Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Competent, Strong Analytical Skills & Persistence
- Attention to detail.