Airswift are currently seeking a Financial Analyst to support a major client in the Energy industry. Candidates with Oil and Gas or Energy experience will be considered.
Title: Financial Analyst Perth
Duration: 12 months contract (potential for extension)
Location: Perth (Office based)
Schedule: Mon – Fri & 8 / 9 hours per day
Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Review and substantiate monthly Value of Work Done (VOWD) accruals.
- Provide ongoing support and guidance to Cost Engineering to ensure appropriate accounting treatment/reporting.
- Prepare end of well materials and consumables reconciliations and related accounting entries.
- Ensure materials, consumables and equipment are appropriately charged to the correct joint venture
- Support Exploration & Appraisal campaigns by assisting with budgeting, analysis and reporting of costs and interface with and support team, Contracts, Materials & Logistics on financial cost control matters.
- Support company’s stock counts of both company and Vendor Managed yards.
- Oversee support services provided by Finance team in general.
- Continuous improvement in simplification of process and reporting using digital tools.
- Understanding of or exposure to Joint Venture Accounting/Project Accounting.
- Strong Excel and digital skills.
- Ability to understand and proactively identify customer concerns and develop solutions independently.
- Ability to articulate and link business drivers to risks with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse customer base particularly cross functionally including the Wells Team, Cost Engineering, Supply Chain, Major Capitals Project Leadership Teams and more broadly within Finance.
- Knowledge of the appropriate corporate accounting policies, financial controls, compliance and assurance requirements and processes.
- Ability to use analytical skills to the “tell the story”.
- CPA or CA qualification.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Drilling &/Or Major Capital Project Accounting Experience
- Detailed Analytical Skills and strong Excel skills
- Oil and Gas JV experience
- Digital Skills including Power-BI
- JDE Accounting Software
If you would like to be considered for the position, please apply direct to this advertisement with your CV & contact details, or send the same to email@example.com