Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- The Flow Manager is responsible for mobilizing resources effectively for smooth flow throughout the Value Stream in line with Lean principles, while ensuring a ‘hands-on’ approach from landing gear disassembly to before kitting stations.
- Collaborating with Value Stream Manager and the Distribution Centre Manager to ensure on-time delivery & quality in a Lean manner using Policy Deployment for continuous improvement.
- Mobilize resources from various teams pertaining to the repair/overhaul of landing gears & related components.
- To champion initiatives in Lean Sigma practices, HSE, Ergonomics, standardizing best practices in the Value Stream in compliance with Group-level policies.
- Effective management of cost, OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness), optimized working capital and on-time delivery of plan.
- Provide leadership in System Corrective Action Request (ETQ), Eight Disciplines (8D) problem solving, and Lean-Sigma tools application to identify root cause & implement preventive action in quality escapes.
- Provide technical leadership & guidance to his direct reports & work-shop personnel to ensure all work meets quality & air-worthiness directives requirements.
- Analysis & Planning: Be decisive & able to rapidly evaluate & analyze information to formulate new plans.
- Implement prevention programs within their activities, ensuring their team members remain informed and play an active role in contributing to HSE development, and seeing that all actions taken help to achieve improvement objectives.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in engineering with at least 5 years of people management experience
- A comprehensive understanding of the MRO business environment and its commercial drivers & customer needs.
- In-depth knowledge of Lean principles tools and improvement techniques coupled with a proven track record of implementing
- Value-added improvements.
- Strong commercial acumen and business awareness, coupled with concern for impact.
We offer a competitive package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including professional training and long-term career development opportunities.