Airswift is seeking to invite an experienced Commissioning Manager with FPSO commissioning management experience.
Objective: manage, schedule, organise and supervise all office-based Commissioning personnel. Coordinate and supervise the activities of the on-site Commissioning team assigned to the project.
- In coordination with H. R. Department, select and recruit all Commissioning site personnel.
- Ensure that all HSE procedures are understood, in place, and enforced by the Commissioning team.
- Responsible for the Quality and Safety performance of all personnel working in the Commissioning Department.
- Assist Procurement Dept in preparing the budget pertaining to the Commissioning Dep.
- Conduct the ‘End of Year’ performance evaluations of the Commissioning Depart. Personnel.
- Cover all relevant administrative task applying to the Commissioning Department.
- Ascertain the training and development of the Commissioning personnel and to organise relevant training as required.
- Participate in the development and review, all relevant Department Job Descriptions pertaining to the Commissioning Department.
- Provide support during the bidding phase to the Bid Teams for all Commissioning related matters and to the PMT the required support for the timely and effective execution of all Commissioning related activities
- Participate in the Project handover to Operations/Client.
- Assist in defining the Commissioning Execution Philosophy.
- Provide Commissioning support during the Engineering phase of the project.
- Verify that all commissioning requirements are fully covered.
- Participate in, and ensure that, all relevant procedures are in place and ensure they are all understood by the Commissioning Team.
- Oversee proper preparation of the Commissioning Data Base population and verify that Commissioning deliverables are as per the Project Schedule.
- Manage the Commissioning team supporting the above activities and monitor the progress of the team.
- Support the PMT regarding schedule input, schedule criticality analysis, Interfaces, in particular Yard or Offshore Subcontractors interfaces, and Construction and Commissioning supervision Site Teams interfaces.
- Monitor all Commissioning activities on-site, monitor ITR’s closeout progress, associated Punch List Clearance, CTPs execution, and Systems Handover progress.
- Monitor the performance of the Completion Team and ensure planned Commissioning activities as performed as per Project milestones
- University degree in Engineering or Materials Science in Mechanical, Process, Electrical or Instrumentation disciplines.
- Experience: A minimum of 15 years’ experience in Commissioning in the Oil and Gas Industry-related projects, with an emphasis on FPSO’s and significant experience in the role of Project Commissioning Manager.
- Specific Competencies which are a key factor for the position
- Good communication, organisational and planning skills.
- Be pro-active and able to take the initiative to find creative and quality solutions to problems.
- Able to take ownership and make timely decisions in difficult situations.
- Availability to travel as required by project-specific needs.