Airswift is looking for a FPSO Hull Mechanical (Rotating) Engineer to work with our client on a 1-year contract in Paris, France.
Start date: January 2024
Service Status: Full Time (5/7d)
Development studies for Block 20 are performed by the GPI, which is a multi-disciplinary and dedicated structure, acting on behalf of the Affiliate (TEPA) in accordance to HQ processes in terms of methodology and governance. This choice is justified by project context, field complexity and the overall project schedule (Fast-track project, 5 years from farm-in and operatorship transfer to First Oil). The development consists in production by subsea wells to a spread moored FPSO (75 kbopd, 60 kbop water injection, 400 MMscfd gas reinjection, oil tandem offloading) with a contextualized Technical Referential. The service holder shall provide support to the supervision and approval of the EPSCC Contractor and subcontractors’ work for an FPSO (VLCC sized) conversion project for block 20.
Demonstrate exemplary behavior and leadership towards HSE practices & requirements and for ensuring that HSE requirements are duly implemented within his area of responsibility.
- Supervise and review/approve the mechanical rotating engineering-related activities to the FPSO Hull performed by the EPSCC Contractor and its subcontractors.
- Supervise and review/approve the engineering drawings and shop drawings related to the FPSO Hull.
- Supervise and review/approve the repair and life extension activities related to mechanical (rotating) equipment.
- Oversee and review the hull construction activities are compliant with the design, relating to mechanical (rotating) engineering.
- Supervise and review/approve any new mechanical rotating equipment within the Hull scope, inc. Vendor and document review.
- Supervise and review the selection of mechanical (rotating) equipment, procurement, fabrication, testing and delivery.
- Supervise and review the installation and commissioning of mechanical (rotating) equipment.
- Knowledge of VLCC and FPSO Hull systems e.g. cargo pumps, ballast pumps, auxiliary generators, offloading systems, riser winch systems, cranes, general winch systems, etc.
- Timely review and comment on engineering documents and consolidate comments related to engineering deliverables; liaise with other engineering specialist(s) and entity (Operations, HSE) as required.
- Oversee mechanical rotating equipment refurbishment.
- As, and when required, attend Vendors sites for FATs, etc.
- Support and review Classification Approval for the FPSO.
- Review spare parts strategy and actual requirements. Estimate work activities and propose optimization and improvements to maintain schedule compliance.
- Promptly respond to engineering clarifications, requests for deviations and unexpected technical issues, by a proactive and proficient approach.
- Ensure proper reporting, highlighting critical issues to the Hull Management team and proposing remedial actions
The service holder shall supervise and review the activities related to mechanical (rotating) EPSCC carried out by the EPSCC contractor, focusing on the successful and timely execution of the project.
- Confirmed Expertise in Mechanical (Rotating) Engineering activities in Oil & Gas projects and for equivalent service position
- Oil & Gas or Tanker background expertise
- ???????Rigorous and solution-orientated expertise to task completion
- Organization, excellent communication, dynamism, ability to convince, ability to put issues into perspective, leadership and transverse coordination expertise for task completion
- Languages of the service: English is mandatory