Location: Newcastle, UK
Salary / Package: Competitive
Language: English, Dutch
Timeframe: Role has full sign off and budget
Recruitment Partner: Airswift
Account Manager: Maria Sant’Anna
Key words: Steel Works, Steel Fabrication, Construction, Manufacturing, Offshore, Offshore Wind Farms, Wind Farms, Management, Sales, Sales Management, Marketing, Team Leading, Budgeting, Leadership, Strategy, Organization, HSE, HR, Quality Control, Quality Assurance, IT Management, Cost Control, Accounting, Team Building.
We are a leading and pioneer international steel construction facility, providing engineering, construction supply and assembly services for steel constructions, with a focus on the production and assembly of transition pieces, foundations, and substations for offshore wind farms.
We are now looking to hire a General Manager to lead a multi-talented team, ensuring the success of the executed activities and of the company goals in an effective and safe manner. The ideal candidate must have great leadership and communication skills, paired technical expertise of HSE legislations and attention to our quality standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage, organize and develop the supporting departments to assist that the production and company goals are reached.
- Ensure that all latest HSE legislations are met to keep our employees safe and healthy at work.
- Manage the recruitment and training requirements for the site.
- Reinforce quality assurance and control processes and effectiveness.
- Provide accessible and accurate budget and cost information.
- Conduct a reliable and correct payroll.
- Support the automation or digitization of processes if beneficial.
- Build a close team of highly qualified employees and stimulate collaboration between team members and teams to work as a well-functioning entity.
- Implement the business plan of the entity in your departments to ensure that the strategic goals are achieved.
- Translate strategic objectives into concrete action plans and provide a clear sense of direction and focus.
- Follow up operational processes within the own entity to strive for compliance with the other companies.
- Investigate improvement and development options for your departments.
- Stay well-informed about the evolutions and developments related to all managed fields of expertise.
- Manage a team of mainly managers who currently lead 20 persons in different fields of expertise, such as HR Manager, HSE Manager, QA/QC Manager, Facilities Manager, IT Engineer, Accountant, Cost Controller.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, AND EDUCATION REQUIRED
- A relevant master's degree for this role (engineering, quality management, safety, health and environment.
- Proven work experience in similar position and industry for at least 5 years
- Fluency in English and Dutch.
- Strong knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources).
- Knowledge of safety, quality, productivity and inventory in a production or fabrication setting.