Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process, and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry.
Generation Construction Project Manager
Airswift is seeking a Generation Construction Project Manager to join our utility client in Richmond, VA on an initial 1-year contract basis. This field oversight role is responsible for contract and specification compliance of high voltage generation tie lines and substation construction projects to include monitoring contractor construction crew performance and coordinating the Company’s construction activities. Responsibilities include inspection and monitoring of contractor's construction work for compliance with the Company’s Safety requirements, Contract documents, Policies, and Procedures (quality, safety, schedule, specifications and environmental). Monitors schedule and reports to management on project status including weekly regular progress reports. Coordinates and communicates with internal and external partners regarding major construction projects and their impact.
Other duties may include but are not limited to:
- Ensures contractor's compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
- Works with other teams to resolve disputes and maintain a positive relationship with property owners, contractor, and the public.
- Assist Project Manager to identify, correct and prevent construction quality issues and schedule delays.
- May support Project Engineers with constructability reviews of engineering drawings.
- Attends safety meetings and ensures safety is the top priority on all construction projects.
- Understands, recognizes, and recommends corrections on potential environmental issues before they occur.
- Understands and executes current construction processes and procedures.
- Exercises positive communication with internal and external partners regarding construction projects.