Our client, a major Midstream company, is looking for a GIS Analyst to work on an initial 1-year contract (temp to perm) in Houston, TX.
The professional will be responsible for reviewing In-Line Inspection (ILI) data, weld data, pipe, strength test, coating, fittings, and appurtenances documentation to identify and record the relevant attributes identified as Mainline Pipe in our GIS (Geographic Information System) database.
• Review construction and engineering records (as-built records, completion reports, bill of materials, purchase orders, contracts, pre-bid and pre-construction documents, construction daily reports, etc.) for gas and/or liquids pipeline construction and maintenance.
• Perform comparative analysis of related records by identifying potential data anomalies and help resolve critical data element discrepancies through additional research.
• Extensive knowledge of ILI runs to update centreline accuracy in GIS.
• Extensive knowledge of weld data and how to reference it within the GIS system.
• Assist in the development and execution of ongoing quality assurance/quality control protocols.
• Follow standard work processes, document results, update records per protocol and published business rules, and communicate progress to team leads.
• Responsible for performing TVC (traceable, verifiable, complete) documentation to GIS (Geographic Information System) and maintaining the integrity of geographic information databases that support the pipeline assets.
• Ensures that GIS data is created, maintained, and updated in accordance with the GIS data model and other internal policies.
• Perform a range of technical and support functions relating to the day-to-day maintenance of GIS data which requires a substantial understanding of spatial data principles, map projections, and digital data repositories.
• Ensures traceable, verifiable, complete, and timely submission of operational data performed during the Analysts course of work.
• Responsible for updating GIS (Geographic Information System) and maintaining the integrity of geographic information databases that support the contiguous pipeline assets.
• 4-6 years oil and gas experience (ILI runs, centerline accuracy, and/or pipeline construction experience preferred).
• Work with/analyze large volumes of ILI runs, pipeline construction and maintenance data.
• Moderate skill level in MS Office Applications (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
• Proficiency in ESRI platform