Our client, a Major Oil and Gas company, is looking for a GIS Analyst II to work on an 12-month assignment (subject to extension) in Houston, TX.
The As-Built Analyst will be responsible for reviewing pipe, strength test, coating, fittings, and appurtenances documentation to identify and record the relevant attributes identified in our GIS (Geographic Information System) database.
- Review construction and engineering records (as-built records, completion reports, bill of materials, purchase orders, contracts, pre-bid and pre-construction documents, construction daily reports, pipe coating inspection reports, etc.) for gas and/or liquids pipeline construction and maintenance, and understand, analyze, and source applicable documents for transmission and site pipe.
- Perform comparative analysis of related records by identifying potential data anomalies and help resolve critical data element discrepancies through additional research.
- Assist in the development and execution of ongoing quality assurance/quality control protocols.
- Follow standard work processes, document results, update records per protocol and published business rules, and communicate progress to team leads.
- Responsible for performing TVC (traceable, verifiable, complete) documentation to GIS (Geographic Information System) and maintaining the integrity of geographic information databases that support the pipeline assets.
- Ensures that GIS data is created, maintained and updated in accordance to the GIS data model and other internal policies.
- Perform a range of technical and support functions relating to the day-to-day maintenance of GIS data which requires a substantial understanding of spatial data principles, map projections, and digital data repositories.
- Ensures traceable, verifiable, complete, and timely submission of operational data performed during the Analysts course of work.
- Responsible for updating GIS (Geographic Information System) and maintaining the integrity of geographic information databases that support the contiguous pipeline assets.
- Education – 4-year degree preferred
- 3-5 years oil and gas experience (pipeline construction or design experience preferred).
- Work with/analyze large volumes of pipeline construction and maintenance data.
- Organized, detail oriented, and reliable, with the ability to think critically.
- Ability to work individually and in a team structure.
- Ability to adapt and learn new procedures and protocols quickly and apply new procedures effectively.
- Ability to receive and give constructive feed as it relates to work performances and processes.
- Extensive knowledge of pipeline facilities (compressor stations, meter stations, main line valve assemblies, etc.) is desired.
- Moderate skill level in MS Office Applications (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Proficiency in CAD tools and ESRI platform