Our client, a major Midstream company, is looking for a GIS Analyst to work on an initial 1-year contract (temp to perm) in Houston, TX.
GIS Compliance Analyst
- This position requires a thorough understanding of the Pipeline and Hazardous Material Safety Administration (PHMSA) regulations that govern the pipeline integrity and operational compliance practices. The position will develop innovative solutions and recommendations for conducting Class Location, High Consequence Area, and Moderate Consequence Area analysis for US and Canadian gas transmission pipelines.
- Collaborate with high performing team of employees, contractors, and external service providers to create up to date and trustworthy Compliance Analysis information.
- Play a key role in the development, implementation and updating of the Intrepid software.
- Responsible for pipeline calculations including %SMYS, HCA, MAOP, MCA and Class Area determinations.
- Document compliance process flows and develop GIS requirements for functional improvements and enhancements to Operational Compliance Tools.
- Work to harmonize Canadian and US Operational Compliance management processes.
- Support annual DOT compliance program, integrated inspections and reporting requirements.
- Assist in the updating of all compliance structure layers within the GIS system.
- Follow all PHMSA regulations concerning Class, HCA and MCA analysis to ensure operation in a safe and reliable manner.
- You will be in contact with but not limited to internal customers such as operational field personnel, pipeline integrity personnel and Lands & ROW personnel.
- 3rd party vendors such as survey and public awareness companies.
- Minimum 4 years of direct experience with PHMSA regulations regarding HCA and Class analysis.
- Extensive knowledge of US and Canadian regulations in regard to HCA, MCA and Class.
- Understanding of GIS technologies, and how GIS applies to HCA, MCA, MAOP and Class analysis for PHMSA regulations.
- You can initiate and manage change, be innovative, think strategically and work collaboratively with multiple technical disciplines.
- You can influence using logic and negotiation skills, prioritize and meet commitments.
- You have strong customer service focus and the ability to foster effective working relationships.