Manage a safe, environmental, cost, and schedule effective implementation of the Willow Project. The Gravel and Airstrip Project Lead has the overall responsibility for the engineering, procurement, fabrication, transportation, construction, completion, start-up, and hand-over of the Willow gravel, bridge, and airstrip scope. The Gravel and Airstrip Project Lead shall work with the Willow Infrastructure Project Manager to ensure that the project at any time is staffed and organized with competent resources to meet safety, schedule, quality, and budget requirements and targets.
Responsibilities may include:
- Company representative to lead the Willow Project gravel, bridge, and airstrip effort, accountable to the designated Willow Infrastructure Project Manager.
- Oversee day-to-day activities of the Willow gravel, bridge, and airstrip project contractors.
- Organize and control project work to ensure all project objectives and priorities are being met regarding safety, environmental, cost, schedule, work environment, and quality.
- Oversees Gravel, Bridge, and Airstrip project contractors to complete all activities and deliverables within the baseline schedule and in compliance with the agreed specifications and standards.
- Coordinate with Willow permit and environmental teams to ensure compliance with Willow EIS, ROD, and other relevant permits.
- Manage compensatory mitigation projects with input from Willow permit team and COPA Village Outreach team.
- Responsible for all project deliverables for the gravel, bridge, and airstrip scope, ensure compliance with CPMS and other Company and external requirements.
- Manages timely review of Technical Queries and Interface Queries and preparation of responses.
- Coordinates Company review of project deliverables and engages technical authorities as required.
- Provides input to key deliverables such as Basis of Design, Project Execution Plan, Schedule, Cost Estimates, Risk Register, Construction Execution Plan, etc.
- Coordinate field work activities and engineering walk downs and support, including up to 10% personal travel to North Slope.
- Prepare presentations on project issues and updates for Management.
- Actively support and promote ConocoPhillips Alaska (CPA) IFC “Incident Free Culture” with employees and contractor’s personnel.
- Participate in contracting activities to support the Willow gravel, bridge, and airstrip scope of work, including development of requests for proposal, proposal evaluation, and recommendations for award.
- Ensure that all project activities / scope of work are according to laws / regulations and standards.
- Monitor progress, manpower, and budget regarding the gravel, pipelines, and infrastructure scope.
- Technical, schedule, and cost interface with Contractor.
- Manage cost and schedule deliverables from contractors to ensure alignment with overall Willow project schedule and budget.
- Manage interfaces between gravel and airstrip scopes of work and other Willow departments (facilities and drillsites, drilling and wells, operations, Brownfield, etc.).
- Coordinate with Willow Management of Change coordinator to ensure MOC compliance.
- Actively promote Company knowledge sharing; apply best practices, synergies, and lessons learned from other projects and operations.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering, Business, or related field
- 10+ years of major Oil and Gas Industry project experience
- Strong knowledge of rules, regulations, standards, and specifications applicable for Arctic installations on the North Slope
- 10+ years of experience with demonstrated success in leadership role of large capital projects
- Previous experience with ConocoPhillips Capital Projects Management System (CPMS)
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience with Arctic North Slope projects
- Demonstrated strong technical competence; understanding of design, installation, operational, and maintenance requirements regarding arctic gravel, bridges, and airstrips
- Strong multi-tasking skills with ability to manage multiple ongoing activities
- Listens actively and invites dialogue for shared understanding, then influences and acts to drive performance and achieve results
- Builds strong relationships based on trust and seeks collaboration across organizational boundaries to achieve goals
- Drives thoughtful and pragmatic change, encourages innovative thinking and continuous improvement, and models adaptability through resourcefulness, flexibility, and positivity