- Responsible for overseeing pre-Commissioning & Commissioning activities to ensure EPC Contractor delivery of all aspects of planning and execution of systems completions including pre-commissioning and commissioning activities. Ensures planning such as systemization, commissioning/pre-commissioning planning, database set-up and coordination with other stakeholder disciplines to develop commissioning activity planning and coordination. Provides clear guidance to the EPC contractor and facilitates resolution of pre-comm/comm issues to meet project objectives and milestones.
- Reports to Commissioning Division Manager (NFE Onshore Project EPC3)
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Provides pre-comm/comm expertise, for planning and execution and leadership driving EPC contractor to deliver in accordance with project deliverables and execution schedule.
- Directs the preparation and stewardship of pre-comm/comm scope of work in EPC contract, supports contractor by helping address gaps, coordinate with operations and other disciplines within the team.
- Maintains close liaison with members of Engineering, quality, construction and operations Teams to deliver clear plans and efficient execution.
- Accountable for ensuring execution of work is technically aligned and in compliance with project objectives and specification.
- Manages EPC Contractor's pre-comm/comm activities including validation of resources, personnel qualifications and experience; usage of appropriate tools; adherence to project objectives, requirements, specifications, and verification processes.
- Assesses and validates EPC Contractor’s capability in providing all procedures, progress measurement and reporting to steward the systems completion activities.
- Manages the discipline deliverables and field engineering in support of pre-comm/comm activities.
- Responsible for the schedule and related milestones, provides data (rundown curves, charts, graphs) and recovery plans to address any schedule delays if any.
- Accountable for knowledge of and sharing previous lessons learned, capturing and communicating current lessons learned to support review teams and future projects.
- Review, update and amend procedures and specifications to ensure that all pre-comm/comm references are up to date and relevant.
Bachelor Degree in Engineering or equivalent
Knowledge and/or Experience
- 15 years’ experience as a Head of Commissioning or Commissioning Lead in a multidisciplibnary environment with a broad knowledge of commissioning planning and execution experience
- Expertise in systemization, completions database, development of pre-comm/comm procedures
- Strong leadership skills, experience leading multi-displine and multi-cultural teams in commissioning field execution
- Pre-commissioning, Commissioning and Startup of Brown-field onshore Loading Lines and Loading Facilities (Ship) on Berths in the Port is preferred.
Technical and Business Skills:
- Excellent written and oral English skills.
- Strong organisational, planning and coordination skills.
- Strong technical, prioritisation and management skills.
- Good communication, influencing and interface skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs, etc.