Health and Safety Adviser (Onshore/Offshore)
Airswift are a Global Workforce Provider specializing in the Energy, Infrastructure & IT sectors. Present in more than 70 countries around the world, our reach, and capabilities in the markets we service is unparalleled in the industry.
We are working with a Major Energy operator to source a HSE Advisor, based at Perth Australia. Please see details below,
Candidates MUST have experience on Offshore Construction Vessels – this is mandatory.
- Start date early 2023, and roughly 18 months duration.
- Candidates will need OWT medical, Tbosiet, and MSIC.
As part of the Woodside Scarborough project, a dry gas pipeline approximately 440 km in length will transport dry gas from the Floating Production Unit to the onshore LNG plant at Pluto where additional LNG processing capacity will be installed. The Scarborough Subsea, Umbilical, Riser and flowline (SURF) are working with our contractor partners to successfully install subsea infrastructure within Woodside HSE performance criteria. The target RFSU for the upstream development is 2025.
A full-time office/site-based opportunity has arisen within our Company Project team to undertake the role of a Health and Safety (HS) Advisor. This onshore Perth office role will evolve into a site-based FIFO role during the execution phase of the project, transitioning in Q4 2023 however adhoc site-based coverage may be required during 2023. In this role, you will report to the Company Project HSE Manager and be residential in Perth with the ability to travel flexibly.
Duties and responsibilities of the role include but not limited to:
- Ensuring Health and Safety activities are carried out in best interests of the Company and enabling Contractor to deliver the Works;
- Providing risk-based leadership, guidance, governance and coordination of Company HS activities;
- Assuring, verifying and influencing Contractors work product and practices to ensure conformance and compliance to approved plans;
- Verifying Contractor's adherence to the Safety Case, HS(E) Management Plan(s), Project Specific HS(E) Procedures and Contract requirements;
- Liaising with Contractor HSE team to support with site HSE requirements, processes and programs;
- Providing HSE support to the Woodside Project team for implementation of Company HSE Management Plan and Verification Plan activities;
- Leading Company HSE training and awareness programs as required;
- Supporting and coordinating Company led HSE activities;
- Supporting and demonstrating a ‘One Team’ Project culture and positive team climate;
- Management of the Company event reporting system for all Project related events, investigations and actions;
- Monitoring Contractors planning and work activities and ensure risk management processes have been applied;
- Participating in Contractor led HSE activities, providing insights and support as required;
- Providing technical HS advice and support to the Company Project team;
- Performing HSE reporting to the Project HSE Manager and Site Leadership team.
Required Skills and Attributes:
- Diploma or above in Work, Health and Safety or relatable field.
- 7+ years working in HSE within oil and gas offshore construction industry.
- Formal root cause investigation and analysis training.
- A thorough understanding of all relevant WA Work, Health and Safety Legislation.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- A continuous improvement mindset and proactive approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and influence multiple stakeholders.
- Site-based construction experience in Australia.
Preferred Skills and Attributes:
- Previous experience with within offshore construction vessels and working with offshore contractor(s).
- Demonstrate a high level of awareness in safe working practices associated with the design, construction, pre-commissioning, commissioning of onshore gas facilities.
- Strong Process Safety knowledge and experience.
- Experience in previously leading and managing diverse teams.
If you would like to be considered for the position, please apply direct to this advertisement with your CV & contact details. Or send the same to email@example.com