The main function of the position will be to provide safety oversight and support for our contractor workforce within the refinery.
- Act as the company liaison for contract employees and provide technical consultation on wide range of personnel safety issues.
- Provide guidance and counseling on safety related issues to Field Safety Coordinators and Refinery Business Units for day to day business by participating in safety meetings, audits and working teams.
- Support the implementation, field execution, and sustainability of the Managing Safe Work Process (MSW), including the associated corporate required OE standards such as Permit to Work, Hazard Analysis, Hot Work, Confined Space Entry, Isolation of Hazardous Energy, Working at Height, Gas Detection, Lifting and Rigging.
- Support the Contractor Health Environment and Safety Management Processes.
- Contribute to workforce safety hazard assessments and mitigation plan development.
- Interpret federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and company procedures.
- Review, update, and develop safety instructions, safety topics, and programs with the refinery safety staff.
- Conduct field audits and provide feedback.
- Develop training material and implement training plans.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- OSHA 30 certified
- Minimum 5 years refinery experience as a Safety Professional
- Ability to read and interpret state and federal regulations along with Corporate standards to develop clear oral and written guidance to contract personnel.
- Must be able to establish strong working relationships with industry partners, and internal stakeholders.
- Strong project management skills and experience.
- Have good communication skills and a willingness to work situations to resolutions as they arrive, in a professional manner.
- Familiar with how to use Microsoft office programs such as Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, etc.
- Bachelors degree in safety / another science / technical field
- 8+ years of refinery/industry work experience
- Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST)
- OSHA 500 and 501 or 510 and 511
- Military training equivalent of OSHA 500 and 501 OR 510 and 511