Airswift was tasked by one of our Chemical clients to find an HSE Specialist to work on a Turnaround project on a 6 months contract in Lake Charles, LA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide subject matter expertise for OSHA and other related regulations
- Own and drive support for a specific Operating Unit(s) in Health and Safety matters
- Review and Revise Health and Safety Procedures
- Support site with generating reports from incident reporting database and electronic systems
- Conduct Walk-Through Inspections and Life Critical Procedures Assessment
- Participate in incident investigations and lead root cause analyses
- Develop, coordinate and conduct Safety and Health Training
- Participate in Emergency Response
- Providing Health and Safety support for Turnarounds
- Participate on Safety Committees
- Support Contractor Safety Management
- This position may be required to drive company vehicles from time to time.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Associates Degree in Occupational Safety & Health or related field required; Certified Safety Professional (CSP) is required.
- Minimum of 6-8 years industrial safety experience in petrochemicals or chemicals manufacturing required.
- Knowledge Level of regulatory compliance laws (OSHA 1910 - General Industry & OSHA 1926 _ Construction)
- Knowledge Level of Industrial Hygiene
- Strong facilitation, interpersonal and computer skills, with a good working knowledge of related databases and applications, and excellent verbal and written communication abilities
- Capable of managing multiple projects
- Exhibits positivity, passion, integrity and accountability
- Able to work in a team-oriented environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. Employee may be required to use stairs/elevators and have the ability to occasionally work at elevated heights. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as normally based in an office. Some of the work may be required in the operating units which can require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc. May also result in exposure to outside elements and may require usage of stairs and elevators. Travel including air travel or auto travel may occasionally be required.