- Provide safety leadership to management and employees to include OSHA standards and compliance strategies, DOT Compliance Requirements and Client's policies and standards
- Performs tasks in a wide range of environmental, health and safety disciplines to achieve compliance with the organization's EH&S standards and with federal and state regulatory requirements.
- Assists in the development, implementation and maintenance of programs, systems and procedures necessary to ensure the overall safety and health of employees and the community
- Assists in monitoring and preventing chemical, physical and biological hazards and diseases that could be present in the work area.
- Works with others to investigate accidents, injuries, and complaints concerning hazards or uncomfortable conditions in the work place.
- Participates in recommending improvements in processes, design, procedures, and operating equipment, to minimize the hazardous potential.
- Ensures HSE excellence through training, involvement in behavior based programs, auditing of management and safety systems, rig inspections, gathering and trending leading and trailing indicators, and participation in the incident investigation & reporting processes.
- Be a functional expert in most health, safety, and environmental disciplines.
- Provides guidance, regulatory interpretation, and assists with procedure development for a variety of HSE issues.
Required and Preferred Skills and Experience
- Senior level, typically 7+ years of experience.
- Understands advanced aspects of discipline and is viewed as an expert in a given field.
- Applies broad range of competencies to develop solutions to complex problems.
- Influences others to achieve objectives.
- Often provides specialized/technical/functional guidance to others within department and/or business asset.