Airswift has been tasked by our client to seek a full-time contract I/E supervisor to work in their plant in the Longview, WA area. This position will likely become a direct position with the Client Company.
The main purpose of this I/E Maintenance Supervisor is to direct and supervise all Instrumentation and Electrical workforce in all routine maintenance and preventive maintenance in the plant facilities.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform duties of Maintenance Technician (I/E)
- Preview weekly schedule and assign work orders with checklists to craftsmen using the daily schedule.
- Enforcement of all safety rules and regulations and implementation of safety training and programs for Instrument and Electrical personnel.
- Set and monitor crafts specific expectations for the job, day, and week, as well as beginning and ending crafts on time to assure completion of scheduled work.
- Responsible for crafts productivity and work quality.
- Adjust weekly schedule on a daily basis as necessary (e.g. carry over incomplete jobs, add/remove jobs to accommodate emergency work) with maintenance coordinator and planner.
- Assist with performing root cause failure analysis (RCA) on electrical equipment failures as needed.
- Troubleshoot equipment problems in assigned plants.
- Provide updated procedures/stored plans for more efficient, accurate and safe job execution.
- Help recommend equipment modifications.
- Develop and implement training for instrument and electrical technicians for qualification.
- Conduct annual performance evaluation for all instrument and electrical personnel.
- Supervise and assign work to technicians and contractors for all repairs and preventative maintenance for respective plant assignments.
- Provide necessary information for updating changes on to instrument/electrical drawings.
- Help set up/modify and implement preventive and predictive maintenance programs for instrument and electrical equipment.
- Work with Operations and Engineering personnel to solve instrument/electrical problems in the facilities.
- Be available to assist plant operations after hours.
- Help recommend critical spare parts for setting up inventory and new parts list.
- Assure appropriate staffing levels and knowledge are assigned to each job.
- Leads LEAN Teams for maintenance efficiency improvements.
- Work with operations on job priorities, durations and requirements to assure most efficient use of mechanics' time.
- Implement 5S program for shop organization.
- Perform duties in a manner that protects personal safety as well as the safety of all personnel on site. Whenever appropriate, promptly report Safety, Health or Environmental incidents or issues to management so the situation can be corrected. Attend Monthly Safety Meetings to help prevent off site and job accidents.
- High School diploma or the equivalent.
- Ten years of experience in related field, with 5 years of progressive/relief supervisory experience.
- Should possess a minimum of five (5) years' experience in industrial instrumentation and high voltage electrical power distribution
- Two-year college degree preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENTAL CONCERNS
This job is performed mainly in control room or office setting; the candidate must be able to report to work 100% of the time onsite.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to:
- Sit, stand, walk, talk and hear
- Have full use and range of motion of arms, hands and fingers to reach, grasp, hold, push or pull, twist, and work with tools
- The employee is occasionally required to perform tasks that may require bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, lying down or working from elevated platforms.
- The employee must be able to move safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaces.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must be able to see details of objects that are more/less than a few feet away; see differences between colors, shades and brightness and determine the distance between objects.
- This job requires response to audible emergency alarms inside of the plant.
- Employee must be able to evacuate when required.
The employee must be able to work in a normal factory environment, including enclosed spaces and exposure to various hazards.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as normally based in an office.
Some of the work may be required in the operating units which can require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, flame retardant clothing, etc.
May also result in exposure to outside elements and may require usage of stairs and elevators.
Travel including air travel or auto travel may occasionally be required.