Our client is seeking a I&C Design Engineer to work on site in North Carolina for a long-term assignment.
The individual will perform design engineering work for electrical and I&C projects within the engineering organization. The I&C engineering work will include digital and software focused items.
• Design package development, developing conceptual designs and specifications for bidding purposes, evaluating alternatives, technical support during implementation, setpoint development, coordination of design efforts with selected vendors/AEs/designer and conducting design package reviews.
• A working knowledge or familiarity of cyber security regulations as mandated by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) is required as digital designs need to be cyber security compliant.
• Design products related to major digital controls system replacements, software evaluations, instrument component upgrades, and control circuits are expected to be developed.
• Qualify in the necessary duty areas to act independently as a Responsible Engineer for modifications within the client with past qualifications and product demonstration from other utilities as an acceptable alternative
• Exhibit sound technical judgment and guidance to the project team. Required Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering (BSEE) or equivalent work experience
• 2+ years engineering experience in the nuclear industry
• Ability to obtain and maintain unescorted access to a nuclear facility (General Employee Training, Radiation Worker Training, Security Clearance checks and subject to the site’s Fitness for Duty Program)
• Skilled in the practices of researching engineering and design issues, evaluating alternatives, making sound recommendations, and preparing and presenting recommendations.
• Must be able to work in a team environment.
• Registration/Licensure as a Professional Engineer
• Experience in digital hardware / software modifications
• Working knowledge of digital upgrade specific licensing requirements and current 10CFR73.54 Cyber Security Requirements
• Experience developing digital / software modification test plans
• Current qualification at a nuclear utility as a Modification Engineer under an INPO Accredited Program and knowledge of Passport or Consolidated Asset Suite for design and work order development is highly desirable.
• Experience in Operations department
• Experience in the 10CFR50.59 with respect to designing modifications to a nuclear facility.