One of our clients, a major Oil & Gas company, is looking for an Instrumentation & Controls Engineer to work on an initial 1-year contract in Midland, TX.
The IC&E Engineer could be based either in Midland, TX or Carlsbad, NM.
- Evaluate and comment on discipline engineering work performed both internally and by contractors and sub-contractors to ensure that work is being executed in accordance with project specifications, company standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Facilitates effective execution of discipline engineering and design routines that align with the project’s goals, objectives, and procedures.
- Assures accurate and timely communication among the Project Team and other Company functions on discipline engineering activities, progress, and issues
- In addition to technical ability, they should demonstrate sound communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Analyze maintenance records to determine instrument failure rates, availability / reliability calculations, bad actor / failure modes identification, and program effectiveness / cost analysis
- Develop and execute process control surveillance programs
- Collect and trend process data using company’s multiple process historian database and visualization software tools
- Perform process control philosophy and stability reviews coupled with execution of control logic updates and loop tuning
- Conduct criticality assessment and develop equipment strategies/maintenance plans for instrumentations and control systems taking into consideration Safety Integrity Level (SIL) assessment, industry standards, regulatory requirement and manufacturer recommendations
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related engineering specialty, or equivalent professional experience
- Strong knowledge of discipline design standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria
- Experience in selection, application, and ISA data sheet specification of hardware including pressure/ temperature /level instruments, control valves, shutdown valves, and fire/gas detection
- Proficient in data collection and analysis with common database and software data analysis tools such as SAP, Analytics for Excel and Tableau
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
- Read, write, and speak fluent English, especially as it applies to technical and business communications