Airswift has been tasked by one of our top Midstream/Downstream clients to seek an E&I Project Engineer to work within their facilities located in Houston, TX (up to 35% travel) for a long-term contract.
The Contractor Project Engineer responsibilities include supporting of their projects in the control engineering department, weekly reporting of their project statuses, and providing outsourced help as required supporting their projects.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Act as the owner agent and makes technical decisions on behalf of Client Company
- Review work performed by engineering companies and approves on behalf of Client Company: Drawings, Programming and HMI Displays
- This role will provide guidance and support for the following control engineering efforts:
- Assist in developing project scope
- Engineering Review
- Operations training
- Understand the process, process equipment, and control equipment including associated electrical and instrumentation related to control systems
- Interact with operations to develop control system improvements to reduce potential for safety and environmental impact during normal and upset operating conditions
- Technical lead on control engineering projects
- Support the preparation and utilization of specifications, details, maintenance procedures and documentation improvements for pipeline and related facilities
Previous education and experience required:
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field is required.
- Professional Engineering Registration or other related control certifications are preferred
- Minimum 15 plus years’ experience in design and implementation of controls and related systems and 10 plus years’ experience in design and implementation of I&E work
- Must possess strong organizational skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and have the ability to quickly learn new applications
- Working knowledge of the various PHSMA, OSHA and industry standards as it relates to control engineering
- Must have the ability to perform light work, able to lift minimum of 20 pounds occasionally and be able to reach overhead, stoop, bend and twist while working