Our client, a major oil and gas operator in Papua New Guinea, is looking for an Information Systems and Telecom (IST) Intern to join their team in their Port Moresby office.
- Provide assistance and first/second levels support to users for Windows environment in POM and remote sites including network printers, ToIP phones, video-conferencing system…
- Provide first level support for Office software, Business applications and various enterprise applications
- Proximity user support
- Diagnostic and troubleshooting on user’s workstation
- Assistance to users for managing data
- Assistance to users for using common office software (MS Office software, Adobe software, printing, etc.)
- Assistance to users for using the Corporate ToIP telephony
- Assistance to users for using the Corporate Visio-Conference
- Assistance for the specification of any IST service request to HQ support (to capture MAC address, switch port number, IP address, equipment model, etc.)
- IT hardware/equipment handling
- Physical installation and connection of IT equipment and Telecom
- Ensure the installation of the ToIP corporate phones following the proper company process
- Review of printer toners and maintenance kit
- Informing PRL15 site management, IST team about any warning, alert, error that my appear on any equipment
- Local assistance and attendance during intervention of company HQ (in remote)
- Cabling management
- Assistance on network cabling and patching in the IT technical room
Location: Port Moresby and AES
- Ensure good quality Information Systems support to users, make sure that the affiliate users IST needs are met
- Ensure the effectiveness, availability, and reliable business application to all users in the organization.
- Customer service oriented, good written, verbal communications skills, ability to multi-task, work well with others.
- Languages: Good knowledge of English spoken & written
- Network & ToIP: good knowledge and experience of IP routing, switching and ToIP
- Microsoft Windows: good knowledge and experience of Windows OS environment and troubleshooting
- Customer service oriented, good written and verbal communications skills, work well with others.