Baton Rouge, United States
Oil & Gas - Downstream
Control & Instrumentation
July 21, 2023
Our client, a major Oil and Gas company, is looking for a Instrumentation & Controls Coordinator to work on a 12-months contract in Baton Rouge, LA.
Instrument Controls Coordinator should have a good understanding of safety, health, and environmental requirements (SSHE), provides subject matter expertise to maintenance teams. Subject matter expert for specific processes and procedures, technical matters, and equipment. Equipment types may include instrumentation, control systems, analyzers, ("I&C"). Demonstrates very strong maintenance skills for these equipment types. Able to provide support or guidance for complex trouble-shooting, may participate in constructability and maintenance design reviews and may assist engineering for routine maintenance as well as Turnaround, or new project support. Ability to influence without authority and interacts effectively with operation and maintenance organizations. Significant experience in electrical, instrumentation and controls installation activities with specific focus on confirming adherence to applicable codes, standards and design documents with regard to the oil and gas business segments.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to Level 1 tasks and Responsibilities, a Level 2:
• Make field decisions regarding electrical, instrumentation and controls construction requirements
• Confirms compliance to project Lock-Out-Tag-Out (LOTO) Procedures
• Supervises installation of PLC and DCS networks including loop testing and calibrations
• Liaising between site engineering requests, home office engineering and construction contractors.
• Reviews detailed design drawings for constructability purposes
• Coordinates construction sequences and activities between on-site contractors.
• Reviews contractor plans with respect to equipment usage and cycle times
• Establishes and monitoring contract budgets and schedules, including assessment of change order requests.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
3-5 years electrical design/drafting background in chemical or refining setting. Experienced developing & modifying drawings associated with electrical, instrumentation, and analyzer projects INtools experience preferred
• Previous experience in a closely related position
• Discipline appropriate technical degree or equivalent professional experience
• Experience in interpreting electrical, instrumentation and controls installation plans, single line diagrams, block diagrams, loop diagrams, engineered construction drawings, technical specifications and engineering details and designs
• Effective communication skills; ability to clearly and concisely describe conditions in the field and recommend remediation steps
• Team Player; exhibits effective teamwork when working with persons over whom the person may have no direct authority and willingness to assist others
• Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs