As Instrument Engineer you will be a team member of Instrumentation Discipline Team in executing projects. You will be involved in performing and delivering engineering and design deliverables within project schedule and in compliance with company standards, industry standards, international codes/standards and applicable regulations. This includes developing Instrumentation specifications and reviewing Instrumentation design drawings and layouts. You may be assigned to construction yard to provide engineering support during construction phase.
- Utilize discipline knowledge and design experience related to the planning, design, and engineering of Instrumentation systems for floating system projects.
- Responsible for ensuring performance of the work, development of system specifications, and vendor deliverables are in compliance with international codes, Company specifications, and industry standards and regulations including in country of operations.
- Understand, plan and deliver assigned tasks with accuracy within agreed time frame.
- Prepare engineering documents in a manner that the design intent.
- Complete tasks in compliance with applicable engineering codes, industry standards/regulations and work procedures.
- Proactively provide Lead Engineer with updates regarding activity status, highlight concerns as they arise.
- May be assigned as a Package Engineer with technical responsibility for the design, procurement of Instrumentation package.
- Work with Engineers and Designers both within and outside the discipline, provide support for yard installation and offshore commissioning to determine project needs and performance levels and safeguard the Company’s interests.
- Provide support for yard installation and offshore commissioning.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with experience in the offshore Oil & Gas industry with specific experience in FPSO EPC Projects.
- Sound engineering knowledge in field instruments as well as control and shutdown systems. Knowledge in selecting and specifying field instruments e.g. flowmeters, level instruments, control valves, shutdown valves, safety valves, analysers etc. for offshore applications.
- Must be familiar with related international codes and standards (API, ASME, ISO, IEC, etc.) and marine classification societies rules and regulations.
- Experience in engineering work for critical mechanical packages (compressors, turbine power generators, etc.) e.g. bid evaluation, vendor document review, and finalization of interfaces
- Minimum Degree in Instrumentation or Electrical or Electronics engineering from recognized university.
- Good communication skills, proactive and open minded to work with multinational colleagues.
- Experience in working in SPI or AVEVA E&I is an added advantage.