Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Upstream clients to seek an Interface Lead III to work on a 3-years contract in Spring, TX.
- The Project Interface Lead’s primary function is to effectively implement the project interface management process that primarily involves the project’s EPC contractors and directly contracted suppliers. By developing an understanding of the project scope and by developing strong working relationships across the breadth of the project, the Interface Lead facilitates the completion of interface agreements and deliverables, proactively engaging to minimize delay / disruption as interface-related challenges arise.
- In addition to interface management, the Project Interface Lead will play a to-be-determined role in supporting project-wide project execution activities as directed by the Senior Project Manager and in proportion to the capacity available from the Interface Lead after the primary function is complete. Potential examples include coordination of the project issues list, the strategic leadership milestones process, and the development / updating of post-Gate 2 deliverables.
Tasks And Responsibilities – Interface Management
- Establishes and implements the project-wide Interface Management program based on company’s standard process and consistent with current Guyana Projects tools / work practices (Aconex)
- Provides or coordinates training for the company, EPC contractor, and supplier personnel in the Interface Management program to support broad understanding of processes and terminology.
- Reviews and endorses EPC contractors' and suppliers interface management plans and procedures provided as part of the Coordination Procedure plan development to ensure consistency with the Interface Management program
- Actively participates in interface coordination meetings with contractors to promote positive engagements and strong relationships; promotes clear, accurate, timely and consistent communication among EPC contractors and suppliers
- Elevates topics experiencing conflict or delay to project management timely; as aligned with the FPSO / SURF project leadership, drives resolution of interface challenges to support execution excellence and certainty
- Models behaviours consistent with the Expectations of Leaders with EPCs / suppliers in interface calls, meetings, and workshops; sets positive example for EPC and supplier teams
- Coordinates and hosts periodic face-to-face interface workshops to support relationship development / maintenance among EPC contractors and key suppliers; prioritizes key interfaces for resolution in workshops
- Ensures EPC contractors and suppliers maintain comprehensive interface registers consistent with Interface Management process requirements and update status regularly
- Provides regular interface coordination status updates as part of the Stabroek block weekly report, monthly cost & schedule stewardship report and at the monthly EPC-project leadership team meeting
- Once assigned, coordinates finalization of the Field Development Plan, ensures incorporation of modifications from reviewers, including the Government of Guyana and CoVenturers
- Coordinates development of terms of references required by conditions in the Production License and / or Environmental Permit
- Actively participates as a member of the Project Leadership Team; advises Senior Project Manager and FPSO / SURF Project Managers on project health / focus areas
- Hosts / facilitates routine execution coordination meetings with FPSO and SURF project leadership teams; frequency and form to be agreed with FPSO and SURF Project Managers
- Coordinates updates to the project issues lists; schedules update sessions, reminds team members to provide updates and hosts recurring review sessions among project leadership
- As other project-wide project execution / coordination activities arise and capacity exists; coordinates development / updating of various project deliverables for internal and external audiences
Additional Information About the Position
- The position requires periodic flexibility in working hours, as some remote meetings will be scheduled outside normal working hours in the US Central Time Zone due to international EPC contractor locations. Participation in meetings outside normal working hours would be expected to be completed through remote work (from home, etc.).
- The position is based in the greater Houston area, with the primary working location at the campus in Spring. The position will require frequent presence in EPC contractor offices in the Energy Corridor (I-10 West / Katy) and in the Humble area. The position will be primarily working from the office locations, with flexibility of working remotely for ~20% of the time or as can be accommodated by project activities.
- The position will require limited (<10%) domestic and international travel, with travel likely to Europe, Asia, and South America for meetings with EPC contractors.
- The anticipated duration of the role is 4+ years (through year-end 2027).
Qualifications and Required Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, understanding of subsea installation.
- Fluent in English.
- 10+ years of energy industry experience with a preference of experience in offshore execution and design.
- The position requires strong verbal and oral communication skills, including fluency in English and previous experience with technical writing.
- The positions requires strong initiative, proactive engagement with others, and an ability to effectively interact with a diverse, international working group of technical and execution professionals.
- As some portion of the role will represent potential conflict resolution between third parties, an ability to maintain a calm demeanor in challenging situations is an important characteristic.