Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Oil & Gas - Onshore Gas
July 24, 2023
Our client, a major Oil and Gas company, is looking for a Risk Analyst to work on a 1-year contract in Calgary, AB.
The Intermediate Risk Analyst oversees and contributes to the whole process of Risk Management and preparation/evaluation of risk analysis for Capital Projects.
• Develop the Risk Management Plan for Projects and Programs, following Company procedures.
• Identify Risk Management deliverables for multiple projects and comply with delivery dates.
• Facilitate Risk Register workshops to develop full Risk Registers, including mitigation plans and actions, during all phases of the project.
• Conduct Cost & Schedule risk analysis sessions or QRA (Quantitative Risk Assessment) to collect the required information for the risk analysis.
• Maintain and update risk registers for multiple projects in the OmegaPIMS software.
• Perform schedule risk analysis as required, using Acumen Risk tool.
• Perform cost risk analysis as required.
• Participate in Local/Corporate Assurance process for gate approvals.
• Prepare the Contingency Breakdown Report (CBR) with the results of the risk analysis.
• Prepare the Basis of Risk Analysis document when applicable.
• Participate in evaluation of contractor(s) proposals.
• Support the Sr. Estimator and other Project Controls professionals in developing project estimates, managing project budgets, drawing down contingency and forecasting project costs.
• Sets contingency according to our procedure.
• File all Estimating & Risk information in the corresponding folders in the iCloud.
• Supports the development of the Capital Projects estimating database.
• Must be legally authorized to work in Canada.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering, Construction Management, related business or technical discipline or foreign equivalent.
• 5-10 years of experience in Risk Management and analysis.
• Full understanding of the risk analysis and management processes and procedures as applied for the development and execution of capital projects.
• Ability to coordinate with multiple stakeholders and chair risk review meetings.
• Experience with the multi-discipline development, engineering and construction activities for complex industrial projects of differing sizes ($5MM up to $1B).
• Basic proficiency with MSOffice applications (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams, Word).
• Basic knowledge of EPC/M practices and related impacts on project risks
• Willing and able (with or without reasonable accommodation) to travel 10% of the time on a yearly basis, if required.
• 3-5 years Cost estimating experience.
• 3-5 years experience in the Oil & Gas industry with Owner/Operator or EPC organizations.
• Ability to assertively discuss risk analysis and results with management.
• Collaborative interpersonal communication style.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Delivers positive results through realistic planning to accomplish goals.
• Builds effective solutions based on available information and makes timely decisions that are safe and ethical.
• Listens actively and invites new ideas for exchanged opinions, then influences and acts to drive positive performance and achieve results.
• Basic knowledge of project controls and reporting tools (PowerBI, OmegaPIMS, Primavera P6) will be considered and asset.
• This role is based in the Calgary office with infrequent trips to site; as the work necessitates.
• The current office work schedule is 5 days per week, 8 hours per day, with the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays.