Job Title: Invoice Workflow-Coordinator
Position in the Organization Chart: Reports to the Chief Accountant
Our client is the Operator for the appraisal and development of the Elk/Antelope gas fields in the Gulf Province (PRL15), onshore Papua New Guinea and the offshore License of PPL 576 and PPL 589. The company has entered front end engineering phase on the PRL15 Joint Venture, of which development studies technical surveys have to be performed on the ground before Final Investment Decision. (FID) Prior to the Project phase, annual JV budgets operated by the company are in the range of $200-300 million.
HSE and Personnel Statement – At all times the Job Holder will:
Ensures that our client's accounting activities are being defined and implemented while respecting the company's standards and Code of Conduct.
- Ensure adherence to legal and contractual accounting standards.
- Apply of Joint Venture Operating Agreement, IFRS for accounting of OPEX and CAPEX, JV financial statements.
- Ensure the application of accounting procedures and standard. Take into account any accounting changes and group accounting policy.
- Ensure compliance with relevant Sarbanes-Oxley controls and requirements in respect of Finance processes.
- Ensure invoices are processed and paid within the contractual terms.
- Scanning invoices into the collector tool each day and reconcile with SSC that all are received in cockpit.
- Ensure all invoices received in the entity box are being scanned in the appropriate company and are appropriately managed.
- Work with SSC team based in Manila to follow through on blockages on invoices in workflow to ensure invoices are moving in the workflow. The officer is responsible for communicating to the vendors and the internal stake holders in the business to ensure any blockages on the workflow are addressed on time.
- Request statement of accounts from the vendors and raise tickets in SNOW tool for the SSC team to reconcile. Review reconciliation and address concerns raised or request credit notes and invoices from vendors.
- Work collaboratively with the Finance team, the businesses units, and the SSC team to process invoices, credit notes and supporting documents from vendors to validate to payments.
- Prepare vendor account review and reconciliation provide these findings to Finance manager, chief account and business manager if required.
- May also perform detailed analysis between purchasing documents, goods receipt and invoices ensuring a 3-way matching process is applied for all goods to support any proposed increase to purchase or service order fundings.
- Provide weekly cockpit analytical report to finance manager and chief accountant.
- Analyse recurrent blocking reason on vendors and propose action plan to educate the stakeholder so the number of blocked workflow decrease.
Attend to queries from vendors and auditors etc. such as periodical account reconciliation and end of the year balance confirmation.
Context and environment
- The company, being the Operator of PRL 15 will play a strategic importance in the development of Papua LNG.
- Ensures accuracy of accounts reporting and respect of IFRS, the company's accounting standards and the fiscal environment.
- Ensures that accounting and finance records in SAP are updated and true and properly supported.
- Invoices are posted on time.
- Diploma or Certificate in Accounting or equivalent.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and computer skills is necessary.
- Some knowledge of the Oil & Gas business or business environment is necessary.
- Good communication skills and ability to work with different teams at all levels (good team player) and ability to work in an international environment.
- Ability to maintain effective relationship with management, partners, vendors, and auditors, etc.
Applications close on Friday, 1st September 2023 and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you don't hear from us after two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful for this role. We will, however, keep your profile on our database for future reference.