Airswift is looking for an IT Analyst IV in Houston, Texas to work for an Oil & Gas company.
This position serves as a part of the Alaska IT Infrastructure and Project team. This role will be accountable for day-to-day support, inventory management, maintenance, and implementation of enterprise Windows desktop/server / active directory / mobile worker for the Project.
This job is a Houston Texas based position located in the office. Responsible for supporting the Wood office and Kiewit fabrication yard, and Anchorage region as required. It requires an understanding of global life cycle processes for desktop/server and standard business processes. While reporting directly into Alaska IT Infrastructure, the position will be working closely with the Core Digital Technologies, Alaska business unit operations, and the local Site Support teams to identify and maintain standardized infrastructure solutions that meet the Project’s needs.
Responsibilities may include:
- Partner with Project Partners to deliver services aligned with business needs including requirements gathering, documenting and implementation plans.
- Coordinate and manage work scope of IT contractors and employees on local site support teams.
- Ensure services meet service level agreements and commitments.
- Ensure that the Project follows all established standards, policies, service level agreements, and configuration guidelines.
- Apply knowledge of business and technical dependencies to implement sustainable and reliable IT solutions and management of hardware inventory, tracking, and budgeting.
- Work with other Global Core Digital Technology teams and other experts to ensure solutions align with current and future technical environments.
- Accountable for providing in-depth support for all desktop and server applications which can involve the engagement of other Global IT Capabilities and/or external vendors.
- Facilitate the Project’s IT equipment purchasing requirements with the Global IT Procurement Support teams.
- Implement Project’s IT user productivity requirements for long-term planning (7-year project) in alignment with applicable Global procedures, standards, and policies.
- Maintain all customer request/permissions for new equipment and accounts as needed.
- Monitor ServiceNow tickets for Project team to include updating ServiceNow Knowledgebase Articles as needed.
- Liaison with other IT resources in Houston, Kiewit Yard, Anchorage and on the North Slope to manage the Project needs.
- Coordinate and manage Corporate IT change requests (servers, applications, etc.) that could impact Project timeline.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Valid driver’s license
- 5+ years of direct experience with Microsoft Operating Systems and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VMware Horizon/VCenter) in diagnostics, troubleshooting, and problem solving.
- 3+ years direct experience using Active Directory tools, granting/removing Exchange permissions, request/manage permissions for user accounts, including folder permissions, creating network shares according to company policy.
- 3+ years experience in IT Asset Life Cycle process and ServiceNow
- 3+ years leadership experience (i.e. team lead, project lead, business analyst)
- Willing and able to travel 25-50%
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science, MIS, or information Technology plus:
- 5+ years of experience in a related technical field
- 3+ years North slope experience (basic understanding of rotational practices/job share environment)
- 3+ Experience trouble-shooting and Alaska BU desktop and server applications
- Experience with Net Appliance, specially CIFS and NTFS shares (folder permissions and shares)
- Experience with diagnosing enterprise hardware (HP, Dell, Cisco, etc.)
- Experience with diagnosing and configuring mobile devices (iPhones, iPads, tablets)
- Working knowledge of VMware vCenter for server administration
- Ability to create new processes and easily followable how-to documents.
- Basic knowledge of cloud IaaS technologies
- Working knowledge of LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, SCCM, Cellular/Private LTE
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated ability to positively influence using verbal and written communication.
- Results and detail oriented with strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Self-motivated with a strong customer orientation
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation.
- Knowledge of Change Management and how it affects Global infrastructure.
- Takes ownership of actions and follows through on commitments by holding others accountable and standing up for what's right.
- Generates effective solutions based on available information and makes timely decisions that are safe and ethical.
- Listens actively and invites dialogue for shared understanding, then influences and acts to drive performance and achieve results.
- Builds strong relationships based on trust and seeks collaboration across organizational boundaries to achieve goals.