This role will provide troubleshooting, management, monitoring, and hands on support for IT systems in the site’s geographical support area (examples may include radios, desktops, switches, fiber, wired and wireless Ethernet, phones, mobile devices, and Active Directory). The role will participate in corporate technical knowledge sharing/best practice network teams.
- Providing reliable and efficient end user support for personal and mobile computing environments and critical business applications.
- Manage radio inventory maintenance and support.
- Troubleshooting and mitigating PC build, application and system performance issues.
- Building and maintaining relationships with technical partners in the business.
- Coordinating resources and suppliers to complete projects and work requests.
- Collaborating with central infrastructure and Regional Infrastructure Analyst to assist with hardware refresh activities.
- Able to identify process improvements and propagate best practices.
- Optimize IT service delivery by improving reliability, efficiency, quality and cost effectiveness of defined components of services while following corporate standards and safety practices.
- Track and maintain IT hardware.
- Maintain service delivery while following safety practices.
- Maintaining documentation of supported systems.
- Able to actively participate in an after-hours (call-out) schedule in support of critical systems and infrastructure.
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 3 or more years of experience in applicable Information Technology discipline
- 2 or more years of direct experience in troubleshooting Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
- Able and willing to provide day-to-day and after-hours support (24x7) as appropriate
- Ability to safely operate a motor vehicle in the refinery around process equipment
- Compliance with refinery safety requirements including wearing appropriate personal protective equipment when necessary
- Able to lift computer equipment that weighs up to 30 lbs. from the floor and safely carry up 4 flights of stairs
- Able to bend, stoop, or crawl under furniture to connect wiring
- Able to bend to pick up equipment and load pull cart
- Able to lift an individual item weighing up to 30 lbs.
- Able to push/pull equipment on a cart of up to 100 lbs.
- Able to climb 4 or more flights of stairs to access field hardware
- Willing and able to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC). Information can be found athttps://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, Computer Science or equivalent
- 4 or more years of experience in Information Technology discipline
- 2 or more years of experience supporting Refining or Midstream IT assets
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to influence individuals and groups
- Ability to create an environment of inclusiveness and foster communication
- Ability to engender trust and confidence
- Active learner with good business knowledge
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of initiative and results driven effort
- Ability to manage and perform multiple tasks concurrently
- Proven discipline in following operational standards and processes
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven verbal and written communication skills for direct customer interaction
- Proven ability to master and apply advanced and specialized technical training
- Proven ability to work well with business, and local and remote IT resources
- Proven ability to deliver on commitments