Our client, a major company of the Midstream segment is seeking a Aboriginal/Indigenous Relations professional to integrate their team on a 6-months assignment within their facilities in Omaha, NE.
This professional will report to the Senior Manager of Indigenous Relations and will be responsible for implementing Native American Relations Policy, IR Strategy and corporate strategies relating to Indigenous Relations Engagement, Indigenous Relations Business Engagement, and access to land.
- Working knowledge of federal and state regulatory processes and consultation guidelines coupled with a demonstrated ability to work effectively with Tribal communities and businesses;
- Understand Legal landscape in the United States as it relates to the rights of Native American Tribes;
- A comprehensive understanding of the National Environment Policy Act and National Historic Preservation Act regulatory processes as they pertain to Tribal Nations;
- Knowledge of Treaty and non-Treaty peoples is the geographies of assignment;
- Post-secondary degree in Political Science, Cultural Anthropology, Community Development, Environmental Science, Business Administration or related discipline;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience, including:
- Experience engaging with Tribal communities and organizations;
- Knowledge of the NEPA, NHPA, and Section 106;
- Experience supporting large scale/infrastructure procurement processes and associated contracts.