Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering turnkey workforce solutions to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled. Right now, one of our clients has this opportunity.
Our client is seeking an Accountant in Calgary, AB. This is a full-time, 1-year contract with the potential for extension. Reporting to the Supervisor, Finance & Accounting Services, the Financial Accountant will be primarily responsible for the Payments function within our overall Accounts Payable team. This role has daily deadlines that must be adhered to and also complies with SOX requirements. Daily the individual will be working closely with Treasury, Accounts Payable, Cash Management, Accounts Receivable and Vendor Master. On a regular basis, the individual will be working with various other internal departments.
- Responsible for the processing of daily payments for cheques, wires and electronic fund transfers.
- Act as the primary point of contact for all internal payment related inquiries. Includes the responsibility of managing the AP Payments mailbox and responding to inquiries from the internal organization on a timely basis.
- Investigate and resolve issues identified by Cash Management on the monthly bank reconciliations related to cheque variances, payment clearings and unidentified credits.
- Responsible for approximately 70 account reconciliations at month-end and for resolving any account discrepancies.
- Work closely with Treasury, IS and other business units to improve and streamline the payments process. Includes the responsibility for testing and completing all SAP UAT testing required with respect to the payments process.
- Comply with all SOX requirements, work with auditors on SOX narrative reviews for Trade Payments and provide them will all necessary information and backup.
- Assist with various audit requests for information throughout the year as they pertain to payments processed in SAP.
- Ad-hoc duties and backup support for other coworkers during vacation leave or absences.
- Degree/Diploma in Business or Accounting
- 5 years of relative accounting experience
- Enrollment in CPA Program desirable
- Experience in a customer service-oriented function
- Strong Excel skills with the willingness to learn more advanced functions
- Experience with SAP (asset)
- Experience in the Oil & Gas Industry (asset)