Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering turnkey workforce solutions to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled. Right now, one of our clients has this opportunity.
Our client is seeking a Supply Accountant in Calgary, AB. This is a full-time, 6-month contract with the potential for extension. The main function of an accountant is to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within an organization. A typical accountant is responsible for analyzing and communicating financial information for clients.
- Ensure accurate accounting of the assigned book through monthly accruals, actualization, reporting and analysis through collaboration with the business.
- Drive the change initiative of developing meaningful performance measurement reporting and analysis, including KPI development through collaboration with the Front and Middle Offices.
- Ensure the delivery of a cohesive explanation of operational results, including both quantitative and qualitative components for discussion.
- Support the actualization process from both a volume and price perspective
- Prepare and ensure accuracy and completeness of the monthly reconciliation of key balance sheet accounts.
- Own the preparation and submission of the long-range plan, quarterly forecast and mid-month estimate in partnership with the Front Office and the TSL Consolidation Financial Analyst.
- Collaborate in all future-centric initiatives; manage the change required through all relevant aspects (people, process and systems).
- Government and other regulatory reporting.
- Ensure best practice in business processes and related documentation.
- CPA Designation
- Five years of progressive experience in business / financial analysis
- Advanced Excel and other computer skills with the ability to work within multiple systems and applications
- Advanced SAP and BW skills
- Extremely passionate and motivated by change
- Uninhibited by challenge, disagreement and ambiguity
- Knowledge of MTM, US long haul pipes and Offshore barge transport method
- Confidence to challenge the status quo; ability to identify problems, develop and implement solutions
- Highly analytical and results driven
- Strong communication skills in securing relevant information/data
- Excellent business writing and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate across business functions in an effective and professional manner
- Proven ability to work in a team environment dealing with people from various disciplines to achieve goals
- Ability to identify and resolve problems with minimal supervision
- Exceptional skills in effectively managing competing priorities, often under pressure and within rigid time constraints
- Experience in oil and gas marketing would be considered an asset