Our client, an Oil and Gas Operating Company are looking for an Accountant to be based in their offices in Dakar, Senegal. The role is offered with a long-term contract and a negotiable monthly salary.
As Accountant you'll initially report to the Finance Manager and be responsible for finance and office administration matters pertaining to Senegal.
- Engagement with personnel from local tax offices, JVPs, Petrosen and the local bank.
- Prepare monthly tax returns (VAT, WHT & payroll taxes)
- Assist with preparing the PSC finance quarterly reporting
- Assist with the delivery of periodical management reporting
- Ensure document management is maintained to the highest standard in readiness for ongoing audits.
- Manage Petty Cash transactions
- Enter transactions into SAP and reconcile monthly Accounts
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Ideally have a Professional qualification such as an Degree or Accounting Certificate
- Ideally have relevant accounting experience ideally within the Senegalese oil and gas or mining sectors
- Ideally have a history in either Joint Venture and/or PSC environments
- An understanding Senegal taxation matters including; Witholding Tax, Payroll Tax and Commercial Tax
- Proficient using SAP accounting systems
- Fluent English language (written and verbal) and Wolof and French language (written and verbal)