Our client, a major Upstream Company, is looking for an Accounts Payable Clerk to work in 12 months (ongoing) contract position in Houston, TX.
We are looking for a reliable and precise professional to help us properly maintain our payable information. The Accounts Payable Clerk responsibilities will include processing invoices, handling vendor inquiries, reconciling vendor statements, enhancing and maintaining process procedures for all AP desks and primary back up for all AP Clerk desks when needed.
- Process invoices.
- Vendor contact to reconcile vendor statements.
- Keep track of credits owed to the company and ensure all credits are properly applied to vendor payments.
- Communicate with vendors to resolve invoice discrepancies and disputes.
- Back up for all AP Clerks when needed.
- Work on any special inquiries and or projects from Management.
- Account Reconciliations.
- Weekly and Month End Reports.
- Document Management (Scan and file Invoices).
- Manage AP Inbox and distribution of mail
- High School Graduate.
- Minimum of three years' experience in Accounts Payable (preferably with upstream E&P)
- Knowledge of oil and gas.
- Experience with the 3-way match.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, SAP and computer application skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Ability to consistently meet all deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Effective corporate communication skills.
- Must be able to effectively work within a Team as well as independently.
- SAP and intermediate excel (V lookups/ Pivot tables)