Our client, a major energy company, is seeking an Analytical Chemist to work in Port Arthur, Texas
Maintain and develop expertise in the analytical chemistry discipline and general unit support techniques. Support reliable operation of the laboratory and process units to meet productions quality, safety, environmental and margin requirements.
- Play an active role in the Ensure Safe Production (ESP) process by making certain that any laboratory changes affecting ESP variables are reported and corrected in a timely manner.
- Ensure that test methods placed in service are sustainable and provide reliable results.
- Provide laboratory support for non-routine events/upsets.
- Participate as appropriate in global work processes such as EQP, CCD, Environmental Permits, Audits and MOC Reviews.
- Assist operations on special projects and performance tests/runs.
- Develop and assist in job specific training.
- Support QA/QC programs.
- Prioritize testing for effectiveness.
- Set-up of new instrumentation and methods.
- Identify opportunities to improve laboratory performance and reliability and develop proposals to achieve these opportunities through the capital process as required.
- Implement and apply causal learnings
- Attend technical and business-related training and discipline related conferences
- Ensure proper application of SQC tools utilizing them to constantly improve the measurement system through identification and immediate correction of OOC issues.
- Bachelor's in Chemistry
- 5 years' experience in Gas Chromatography
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Economics and Analysis
- Team Player
- Knowledge of Product and Product Quality Management
- Experience Quality Control and Laboratory Operations
- Planning skills, problems analysis and solving, manage knowledge and information, maximize business opportunities and value differences
- Ability to make very complex technical issues manageable/structured/understandable
- Ability to innovate, think outside the box, identify and make use of new industry best practices