Our client, one of the largest independent oil and gas companies, is seeking a AP Clerk to work in their facilities in Midland, Texas for a 6 month assignment.
The role you will play:
- Performs accurate and timely payments processing various types of accounts payable transactions including critical vendor invoices and other payment obligations, filing supporting documentation, maintaining the Vendor Master File, issuing debit notes and posting and analyzing ledger accounts.
- Keeps maintenance of accurate records and control reports.
- Complies with company policies, procedures and management standards, and ensures adherence with all laws and regulations that apply to the area of responsibility.
- Leadership role to ensure accurate and timely payment of company debts in accordance with contractual and legal requirements and company policies and procedures.
- Researches, analyzes and resolves complex payment and vendor issues.
- Assists with other projects as assigned. Creates vendor on board process to streamline payments and ensure high Payment performance throughout project.
- 2-4 years of experience within accounting preferably in the oil & gas industry
- Strong Accounts Payable experience
- QuickBooks experience
- Organized, detail oriented and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong Excel and analytical skills