Application Specialist II (ICS Engineer)
FORT ST. JOHN, BRITISH COLUMBIA
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering turnkey workforce solutions to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled. Right now, one of our clients has this opportunity.
Our client is seeking an Application Specialist for their Fort St. John location.
- MOC active participant in all SCADA related changes.
- Participate in Expansion and Maintenance Capital projects for all SCADA system related projects.
- Ensures approved maintenance work is properly executed and documented (work management).
- Ensure the availability, integrity and reliability of the SCADA applications.
- Perform break-fix and troubleshooting lead support of SCADA applications and its related infrastructure including business interfaces, remote devices, SCADA network and hardware platforms.
- Day-to-day interaction with Gas Control, Facility Engineering, Field Operations, Gas Management, Measurement, Communications, Information Systems, IT Infrastructure, and other External Users to identify, report and resolve application and SCADA workflow problems.
- Partner with IT, Operations, Engineering and vendors in designing, implementing and maintaining the SCADA system according to regulations (NEB Onshore Pipeline Regulations and CSA) and internal policies (CRM and cyber security).
- Partner with Operations, Engineering and Gas Control in designing, implementing and maintaining processes and applications comply with CRM policy.
- Partner with Operations and Engineering in the completion of capital project assignments.
- Analyze operational data and provide improvements to operational efficiency and safety.
- Assess application deficiencies and evaluate vendor provided or 3rd party provided solutions via new components, upgrades or patches.
- Provide business support with reports and tools built on external platforms integrated with SCADA applications.
- Participating in the continuous improvement program for SCADA application team by providing training to junior and intermediate members of the SCADA team.
- Support in commissioning SCADA application changes following standard operating practices.
- Engineering Degree, Automation/Instrumentation Technology Diploma, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 15 years of technical experience with gas pipelines and plants
- Minimum of 10 years of SCADA Application experience required, Cygnet preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of Working knowledge of RTU, PLC and End Devices communication protocols
- Minimum of 5 years of experience programming and developing in .NET (VB, C#), Microsoft Office, SQL and VBScript
- Minimum of 5 years of working knowledge of SCADA IT infrastructure including network, workstations, servers and security architecture
- Minimum of 5 years of proven ability with work management and management of changes processes
- Minimum of 10 years of working knowledge project execution and process workflow execution
- After suitable training, participate in on-call duties.
- Excellent trouble-shooting and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to work both independently and as a contributing member of a team.
- Self-starter, motivated and able to meet project/work deadlines.
- Proven effective oral and written communication skills.
- Some OT and travel required.