Our client, a major LNG company is seeking an Asset Integrity Engineer to work within their facilities in Houston, TX.
The Asset Integrity Staff Engineer reports to the Asset Integrity Manager and should have a broad understanding of technical issues in designing, operating, and maintaining hydrocarbon processing facilities. They will be expected to participate in the development of company's Asset Integrity Management Program and supports local technical teams at multiple facility locations.
Strong background in integrity management and inspection methodologies, nondestructive testing, reliability, hazard evaluation, change management, project implementation, engineering information management, operations, risk assessment and plant maintenance.
Candidate should be familiar with all facets of LNG transportation, storage and processing, including health, safety, maintenance, operations, governmental regulations and associated codes and standards. In-depth knowledge of technical processes, project and design engineering, inspection programs, quality assurance/control; corrosion control; equipment performance testing; and equipment troubleshooting.
- Develop and implement asset integrity and reliability management programs, under the supervision of the Asset Integrity Manager for multiple sites.
- Assure that the long and short term fit-for-purpose of assets is maintained for all assets and act as the liaison with technical disciplines.
- Assure that asset integrity programs comply with required regulations.
- Develop and implement standardized mechanical integrity and corrosion management programs for process facilities.
- Develop and execute asset integrity performance assessments for multiple sites.
- Develop and implement an enterprise wide Risk-Based Inspection (RBI) Program Develop and implement enterprise wide asset integrity continuous improvement programs for multiple sites incorporating overall strategy and applicable codes and specifications.
- Provide support and lead on the resolution of technical issues, which have potential to impact asset integrity, including equipment/hardware, process/procedures, operational business systems, verification/ assurance and personnel competency.
- Participate as required incident investigations and root cause analysis (RCA) on equipment failure investigations and provide recommendations for corrective actions.
- Conduct training on asset integrity business processes.
- Provide support in the development of the Technical Authority program.
- Establish an integrated quality assurance program to support factory acceptance tests, vendor qualification reviews, etc.
- Education and Certifications:Bachelor of Science Degree in Science, Engineering, or Metallurgy preferred. API Certified Inspector in Pressure Vessels, Process Piping and Aboveground Storage Tanks is preferred. ASNT NDT Level III is recommended.
- Experience: Ten (10) years of experience in an LNG, liquefaction, gas processing, refining, or chemical industry. Experience should include integrity management, engineering, nondestrustive testing of material, process safety, plant operations/maintenance, corrosion control/management, and risk assessment.
- An acute sensitivity to safety issues in a hazardous environment.
- Familiar with inspection data management systems (IDMS)
- Familiar with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) and Risk Based Inspection (RBI).
- Able to share knowledge and mentor less experienced employees.
- Familiar with and understanding of relevant industry regulations, codes and standards.
- Computer savvy including Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Access, Project and PowerPoint and any software such as AutoCAD, and Inspection/RBI software.