Airswift is seeking an Associate Production Engineer to work on a contract through the end of the year (with possible extension) in Gregory, TX.
This is a development role and will report to the Senior Production Engineer. They'll be responsible for closely working with the Production/Operations, Maintenance, Engineering Services, and Process Services departments to support the safe and sustainable realization of facility production targets and other critical KPI's.
This would include but not be limited to supporting the maintenance of facility production capacity curves, tactical plant optimization and monitoring tools specific to all sections of the LNG facility, support the maintenance of a facility loss accounting tool, assisting with Supply Chain Management, support the management of departmental KPIs, Production Reporting, and support the coordination of supply of catalysts and chemicals needed to operate the facility.
They'll be expected to understand the principles of fluid flow, heat transfer, thermodynamics, and hydrocarbon process chemistry as applied to an operating process unit; be familiar with the hazards of hydrocarbon processes and the methods used to keep process facilities safe; and preferrebly experienced in LNG process engineering.
Competent in the use of process simulation software.
- Support the monitoring and ordering of catalysts and chemicals needed to manage the facility.
- Maintain tools and energy balance models.
- Perform daily energy balance.
- Support with quantifying facility emissions to support environmental and compliance reporting.
- Utilize appropriate tools to calculate and track flared quantities to ensure compliance with Environmental Regulatory requirements.
- Generate the daily Production status report depicting all critical information and data for end users. This includes Inlet Feed Gas measurement and allocation, Power Consumption, LNG/NGL Production, Emissions and Waste measurements, and Efficiency monitoring
- Technical Support / Process Optimization
- Support the Preparation of Production performance summaries for each process unit summarizing data on total production, capacity utilization, operating reliability, unit efficiency, production loss categories and quantities, and energy utilization.
Qualifications and Education:
- Education and Certifications: Bachelor degree in Process/Chemical/ Mechanical or Petroleum Engineering. An affiliation with a recognized accreditation body for example IChemE, Energy Institute or similar is a plus. EIT certification is a plus.
- Experience: Six (06) months to twenty four (24) months industry or post graduate experience as a Production or Process Engineer in a process plant environment. Interns and Trainee Engineers are encouraged to apply.
- Leadership and administrative abilities are required.
- An acute sensitivity to safety issues in a hazardous environment.
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals and groups from different disciplines.
- Able to work with a culturally diverse group of technical individuals whose skills cover the range required to engineer, operate and maintain the LNG terminal and Liquefaction production facilities.
- Possess the personality and ability to relate to and to establish a mutually respectful relationship with 1) management, 2) peers and 3) the various facility level workers (Plant Manager, plant supervision and plant workers) whom are all responsible for ensuring good operations.
- Organized, planning skills, able to manage multiple activities and programs in timely fashion and with a high degree of accuracy, able to meet work deadlines.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills.
- Accomplished public speaker, able to create and deliver industry-specific presentations.
- Computer savvy including Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Access, Project and PowerPoint.
- Competent in use of specialized software including but not limited to PI, Process Book, HYSYS, Pro-Treat, HTRI.