Our client, a major company in the Oil & Gas industry, is looking for an IT Business Analyst to work under a W2 contract-hire for a 6-months assignment within their facilities in San Ramon, CA.
Please note that we are not working C2C .
- Translates business requirements into user stories
- Development of functional specifications, technical specifications, or similar documents for specifying requirements and logical system designs (critical)
- Conduct business and systems requirements analysis at data level such as data mapping and data conversion analysis
- Perform User Acceptance Testing through development lifecycle
- Build and maintain documentation to help educate team members as well as serve as a reference.
- Liaise with Subject Matter Experts, providing requirements and ensuring successful delivery occurs
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Gathering critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing useful reports
- Provide clarifications to Project team as questions arise
- Engages with business partners and users to ensure that critical strategic decisions are vetted and well thought out prior to implementation.
- Responsible for critical examinations of current business processes and provides recommendations for to-be process
- Conduct analysis, data validation and mapping; gather requirements and documentation
- Understand business/data workflows, identify problems and opportunities
- Research, test and track business issues and defects
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Other Technology fields required
- 5-7+ years of experience as a Business Analyst or related field
- Experience with Web or Mobile Projects
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills
- Extremely detail oriented
- Highly self-motivated and disciplined
- Agile Scrum/Kanban background is highly preferred
- Experience in the Oil and Gas Industry
- Experience with APIs
- Experience in Retail or Payment Domain is preferred