Our client, a major oil and gas company is seeking a Buyer to work within their facilities located in Joffre, AB. This will be for an intitial 5 month contract which will be subject to extension.
- Contacting vendors to obtain &/or verify price, part number, source of supply.
- Make delivery arrangements with carriers and vendors.
- Creating purchase orders against date driven requirement and ensuring all pertinent information is obtained and verified with the vendor and end user.
- Releasing purchase orders against vendor agreements
- Seeking/recording/updating material source of supply and information within the system to streamline future purchases.
- Assisting with material information updates and changes.
- Confirming and expediting purchase orders to maintain on-time delivery.
- Resolving discrepancies between purchase orders and vendor invoices.
- Following up on non-conformance of materials and deliveries with end user and/or vendor and identifying trends or patterns.
- Qualifying Contractors for onsite labor prior to Purchase Order creation
- Maintaining Vendor base for timely and accurate supply alignment
- Participating in the implementation of improvement plans.
- University graduate with 2-5 years related experience or Business Diploma
- Ability to communicate clearly to customers at all levels in the company
- High level of proficiency in the use of a computer including the Microsoft office suite and SAP. SAP material management or plant maintenance areas considered an asset.
- Ability to work unsupervised, meet deadlines and identify continuous improvement opportunities
- Ability to work under pressure of changing priorities.
- Thoroughness and a high attention to detail.
Should you be interested in this exciting opportunity with a global oil and gas company please apply to this advert with your up to date resume. Please note that there is no per diem or relocation provided.