Our client, one of the majors Midstream companies within the Oil and Gas Industry, is seeking a Buyer to work in a 12 months contract position in their facilities in Chatham, ON.
This is a key position in the department responsible for supporting the Supply Chain Management (SCM) group and internal clients in processing requests for materials or services and procuring them in a timely and cost-effective manner meeting business requirements and specifications.
- Provide SAP (Materials Management (MM), Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) and Contract System (Ariba)) expertise and support to a client base including database management/maintenance for materials and vendors, miscellaneous report preparation, and inventory strategy.
- Support Purchase Orders/Service Orders based on material or service requisitions, ensuring company policies are met.
- Provide support for warehouses, including Operations and Contractor warehouses for all material related activity (requests, transfers, receipts, relocation/disposal of surplus/obsolete material, inventory control expertise, quarantined material segregation and recalls).
- General procurement activity including policy interpretation/clarification, price comparison and analysis, department telephone support and administrative support as required.
- Commercial interaction with vendors including obtaining quotes, resolving invoice discrepancies, challenging price increases, performing expedites, managing customs requirements and relationship building.
- Serve as the initial point of contact for all Supply Chain related questions and issues and forward to appropriate SCM personnel as required.
- Provide general and specific SCM training including processes, procedures and various SCM systems.
- Provide assistance with audit requests including providing historical documents and reports as required.
- Support system upgrades and enhancements through both update and negative testing to ensure the integrity of existing systems.
- College/University/Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, or 3+ years of experience.
- Advanced computer skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SAP).
- Minimum of 2 years' experience with ERP systems (SAP preferred).
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimum direction in a team environment.
- 2 years of relevant experience in natural gas, oil & gas, or power industry.
- Negotiation skills.