Our client, one of the largest Midstream companies within the Oil and Gas Industry, is seeking a Buyer to work in a 12 months contract position in their facilities in Houston, TX.
The Buyer is responsible for purchasing materials and negotiating contracts with vendors.
- Participates in the development and execution of sourcing initiatives.
- Execute sourcing strategies under the guidance of a Category Manager in alignment with the applicable market sector and commodity strategies.
- Understanding the local business objectives and desired outcomes.
- Engaging internal customers.
- Understanding options and risks associated with supply chain activities.
- Building supplier relationships in order to achieve superior supplier performance.
- Negotiating commercial terms to deliver best value solutions.
- 3-5 years ERP experience with SAP, Oracle or both.
- Must have solid negotiation skills and strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Bachelor's degree in business or engineering.
- 10+ years of experience in purchasing engineered products (valves, electrical, instrumentation, and engineered oil and gas equipment).
- CPSM, ISM certification or enrollment is desired.
- Field experience - familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.