Airswift has been tasked by one of our major oil & gas clients to seek an CAD Operator to work within their facilities located in Port Arthur, TX for an initial 1-year contract.
Within the position you will be responsible for scanning recent drawings and updating them, if needed. Alongside, the perfect candidate must be able to work in reasonable ladder climbing and walking on elevated stairways and platforms.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Field drawing all diameter pipe on the areas and place the field sketches on CAD software. This would be half of the time worked. The job will have various CAD jobs like, drawing exchangers, vessels and many designs.
- Alongside, will cross plant field drafting of pipe between the units and then put the field sketches on CAD. This would be the other half of the work, which requires lots of walking. It will have assorted CAD jobs as such as updating plant maps and pipe support drawings.
Previous education and experience required:
- 2 years Associates of Applied Science Degree in Computer Drafting Technology.
- Safety committed, hardworking and attentive person.
- Able to work in the field, operating units in heat or cold