The Category Specialist participates in and may lead the development and execution of sourcing initiatives.
Develops and executes sourcing strategies in alignment with applicable market sector and commodity strategies.
The role includes understanding the local business objectives and desired outcomes, engaging internal customers, understanding options and risks associated with supply chain activities, building supplier relationships in order to achieve superior supplier performance, negotiating commercial terms to deliver best value solutions, and the measurement/reporting of the value delivered.
- Working with the relevant market sector and commodity managers to implement sourcing processes to ensure delivery of business plans and market sector/commodity strategies;
- The development of sourcing strategies in alignment with applicable market sector / commodity strategies and specific business objectives (both local and global);
- Understands business requirements for third party goods and services;
- Developing and maintaining knowledge of relevant supply market places;
- Engaging the business and provide guidance on PSCM process and risk management;
- Manages supplier relationships, engagement and involvement;
- Leading the full sourcing process which includes development of scope, supplier selection, commercial negotiation, and contract execution;
- Provides on-going contract cost management and risk assessment;
- Championing and supporting the deployment of the appropriate purchase to pay solution;
- Ensuring the PSCM common processes are implemented, used and continually improved;
- Coaching less experienced PSCM staff;
- Participating in company networks, sharing information, best practices and lessons learned;
- Interfacing where relevant with the Indirect Procurement Operations Centre;
- Effective utilization of IP Procurement Operations Centre to deliver sourcing activities;
- Work closely with Service Delivery Leads and Service Delivery Coordinators to assure sourcing delivery to the business stakeholders.
The successful candidate will:
- Relevant Tertiary degree and/or relevant industry experience, Oil & Gas is preferable but not necessary
- Minimum of 5 -7 years' experience as a Category Specialist with a focus on development and execution of Sourcing Strategies
- Have demonstrated experience with Commercial Negotiation, and Contract Execution
- Be confident in mentoring/ coaching less experienced staff
- Be adept at using Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills in English
Due to the nature of the position, this is only open to Australian Permanent Residents with Full Working Rights.
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.