Our client, an international Drilling Company is looking for a Chief Accountant to work in their project in Rio de Janeiro.
- Management of the activities in respect of the local accounting standards, IFRS requirements, Brazil law and local legislation;
- Ensure compliance with Brazilian tax law;
- Deal and coordinate with the external and internal audit;
- Development, maintenance and improvement of an Internal Control System in accordance with local law, internal and audit recommendations;
- Preparation of a flow chart of documents and information;
- Follow up of all internal control procedures;
- Day to day management of important accounting issues
- Development and maintenance of a chart of account in conformity with the activity, Company Group and Brazil GAAP requirements;
- Review the accounting situation (bookkeeping), the working papers and supporting documents and files;
- Deal and coordinate with the internal audit commission;
- Team management;
- Other activities related to the function.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting;
- Preferably ACCA member;
- Fluent English and Portuguese;
- Must be Brazilian or have a Brazilian work permit;
- Experience that is genuinely required to perform at the above functions at the necessary level;
- Large experience in accountancy roles in Brazil;
- Big4 experience is a plus (or local audit company);
- Availability to travel across Brazil and internationally.